Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

SURGEON KUDOS

Posted by TINA W on 11/15/03 at 18:59 (137614)

MY SISTER IS COMING TO TEXAS FOR HEEL SPUR SURGERY. IT APPEARS SHE MET THE SURGEON ON THE INTERNET AND ANY FEEDBACK YOU COULD GIVE ME ON HIS REPUTATION WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

I LIVE CLOSE TO DALLAS, BUT THIS DOCTOR IS CLOSE TO HOUSTON.

HIS NAME IS STEPHEN L. BARRETT AND HE HAS OFFICES IN SPRING, TX AND MAGNOLIA, TX.

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A KUDO OR INFO ON THIS DOCTOR THAT WOULD EASE MY MIND. I HAVE A REPORT TAKEN FROM THE INTERNET ON COMPARISON, BUT IT DOESN'T SAY MUCH JUST THAT HE HAS BEEN PRACTICING FOR 18 YEARS.

THANK YOU FOR ANY TIME YOU CAN GIVE ME.

Re: SURGEON KUDOS

BrianJ on 11/16/03 at 22:58 (137681)

Barrett is well known as being one of the early doctors to do endoscopic PF releases ('EPFs'). If an EPF is what you want, I have read good things about him. However, I would also look at open surgery options. Might want to check with Donald Baxter of Houston in this regard. He has done PF surgery on a number of world-class athletes.

Before any surgery, I would look hard at ESWT. PF surgery is a big step and does not always work.

Re: SURGEON KUDOS

matts on 11/20/03 at 21:28 (138172)

Barrett comes to my west texas town every month and does surgery with another pod named Rascon. They are seeing a lot of patients and i have heard nothing but good things. I was referred to them by a local ortho who said they were pretty good.

Rascon is the local dr and is the one i see, but they worked together to diagnose and then do tendon repair surgery on my ankle. That was end of september and every thing related to the ankle is really feeling pretty good. I may have a little more tendonitis or stress fracture on outside of foot but even that is now getting better with pt, I hope i am almost finished with foot problems after three years of tendonitis and pf.

I think the dr did just what was needed to fix the problem and seems very knowledgeable and careful and experienced. I think, from reading this board for a few years that tendon surgery might be a little more straight forward than say pf or tts or some other problems. Anyway, I hope this helps you decide.