Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Some advice please

Posted by Vicki D on 11/15/03 at 19:36 (137617)

I've been diagnosed with bilateral PF,TTS,and heel spurs. On first visit to podiatrist, both feet were taped and that felt great. Tried pt at home for a month per doctors orders and it didn't help. The ice made my feet hurt worse. Can't tolerate the Feldene, and was prescribe Medrol. I heard that it will suppress the immune system and not to be around people who have colds,flu,etc. I work in a doctor's office, so I probably won't be taking that one either. I have a new orthotic to try, but after two hours the pain is worse than ever. My right heel hurts the most--almost like it's being stabbed. Is there anything I can do until my next appointment to the pod? I've tried some stretching, but my foot starts cramping--maybe I'm not doing it right. Weekends are generally better since I'm able to rest my feet more, so I take advantage of that. I have noticed that even when I am not on my feet, I'll get a sharp slicing pain. Is that just a part of PF?

Re: Some advice please

Ellen J. on 11/15/03 at 20:20 (137619)

Hi Vicki,
It may be that your orthotics need adjustment, or that they are not right for you at all. I'm not a doctor, so you would definitely want to call your doc and ask about the increased pain with your orthotics. There is an adjustment period when you get new orthotics, but when I got mine, there was no pain during the adjustment period unless I wore them too long or (in another case) the orthotics were not right. If it were me, I wouldn't wear them until I talked to the doc if they made my feet worse--but that is just me. I'm very cautious after having P.F. for awhle, and I avoid anything that causes pain to my feet.
Hope you can get some great advice from all the nice people here.
Ellen J.

Re: Some advice please

Bud P. on 11/16/03 at 06:34 (137633)

It was for me.