Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Thanks All!

Posted by Michelle S. on 11/17/03 at 11:56 (137724)

Hello everyone!This is my first day at the computer since surgery, Thank you all for the prayers.
Well, I'm not on my feet but, getting around in my wheelchair. I am so glad that I found this site before my surgery, I have made sure to take the pain killers when needed as Sunday when I skipped a few doses it took 4 hours before I finally felt better. My attitude is good but, am trying to take it easy, laying around isn't my style.
The Dr. said that the pain from the nerve could be gone the next day, it is still there but I know it will take time. I thought there would be a small cut, NOT! It is from above the ankle bone(to the left) down below the arch, probably 3 to 4 inches long. That'll leave a mark! I am even getting my humor back. That is a good sign! Again, thank you all for the prayers and support!

Re: Thanks All!

Lari S. on 11/17/03 at 13:58 (137742)

Glad to here you are getting your humor back - that's half the battle! Sounds like we'll have matching scars. Take it easy and let yourself heal. It does take time to heal and you don't want overdo it and set yourself back.

Pam S. on 11/17/03 at 16:22 (137752)

Dear Michelle:
I am glad this is all behing you now. Yes, we all have that same scar in common. It is amazing that you can hardly see mine now at all.

I am curious, did the surgeon say you had any obstruction in the tunnel area? Lari is right, take it easy and your results will be better.
It does take time for the pain to go away but it will. Happy healing. Pam

marie on 11/17/03 at 16:25 (137753)

So glad to hear from you. I have been thinking about you since you had your surgery. My prayers will continue until your pain is gone. At least you have a sense of humor! Please keep us updated....and if you get bored please by all means visit the boards and yak a while. I hate sitting still too!

best wishes marie

Michelle S. on 11/21/03 at 08:43 (138216)

The Dr. said I had lots of hard tissue. I was pretty drugged the day of surgery, can't remember much, and when I went last Friday to have him look at the incission I didn't even think to ask him about it. I was more concerned about what I can do and can't do.