Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I know how to treat PF.

Posted by Tommy on 11/17/03 at 23:49 (137812)

I am a professional football player. I have suffered with PF for about two and a half years. It has gotten so bad that I thought it would stop me from playing and from walking. I have met with the top foot doctors in the country and have met with multiple physical therapists. I have done many cortisone shots 4 to be exact and have done two ESWT's. None of that has worked. I even looked into surgery and everyone of these so called top doctors told me it was the worst thing you could do. That it is a 50/50 chance of staying the same or getting worse. The only thing that has cured me and has allowed me to play 99% pain free is a physical therapist fro California. The exercises and rehab are unlike anything I have seen or done before. It is not your basic towel curl, rolling the bottle exercises. Other patients mostly women and I have gotten fantastic results with three to four weeks. If you are interested on more info please respond quickly.

Re: I know how to treat PF.

Dorothy on 11/18/03 at 01:35 (137814)

I think all of us would be interested in something with such glowing promise. Who do you play football for/with? What is it that you are asking us to respond quickly about?

Ann J. on 11/18/03 at 07:28 (137821)

Tommy, I am very interested!! Tell me please!!

Jill T. on 11/18/03 at 07:29 (137822)

Please tommy, fill me in

Rick R on 11/18/03 at 09:26 (137829)

I eagerly await the impending contribution to mankind. Perhaps I have just been a sucker too often in life and become inappropriately skeptical, but this post has my alarms going off. Why the appeal for a quick response, why the tease rather than spitting out at least some information?

On a tangential path;I was watching a Monday night football game in preseason this year and they mentioned an injured player with PF. John Madden chimed in, as he has a propensity to do, that this condition usually takes a solid year to heal. I couldn't help but reflect that John Madden knows more of this condition than the first couple of doctors I went to. It did occur to me that some things may indeed be common knowledge in the world of sports that may not be outside of that fraternity. The doctor that finally got it in my case had been sewing up the Chicago Bears at one point in his career.

Dorothy on 11/18/03 at 13:25 (137852)

On your first point - EXACTLY my point!

On your second point, my husband heard that same comment about PF/football player and told me about it. What I would really like to know is what they DO about it in professional sports (I think the NBA also has a good bit of PF and certainly Achilles problems). Probably a lot of taping -
Where is YOUR book on taping?!

Final comment - other teams aappear to be 'sewing up' the Chicago Bears now...

Not really a football fan - except for Michigan versus Ohio State and Michigan versus Notre Dame. I bet there is no PF at Michigan.... :-)

Dorothy on 11/18/03 at 13:36 (137856)

Tommy, can you hear me? Tommy, are you near me? Tommy, Tommy, Tommy!!!

the who

Ann J. on 11/18/03 at 14:36 (137863)

Hey Tommy... I am waiting... can't wait to hear... I know acupunture has been a big help for me...

Rick R on 11/18/03 at 14:38 (137864)

Ooooh ouch but right you are on my Bears. Very nicely done, I have recorded your points. Now don't tell anyone but I'm a Michigan fan even though I'm a Boilermaker. I watched many a Michigan Ohio State game in the fine state of Michigan on our annual Thanksgiving pilgrimage. Ever hear of Grass Lake in Jackson county? GGGrandpppy served in the 3rd Mi Cavalry during the late great unpleasantries. Died of a lung shot Jan 63 in a Lagrange Tenn. hospital.

And I'm pretty much for anyone that's whuppin up on Notre Dame. When I was interviewing at Purdue the Dean of admissions asked me what I thought of Notre Dame and it was smooth sailing for me thereafter. Thank goodness that mattered more than my high school grades.

I'm in the process of reviving my computer. I don't think all the palaver in the world will do much compaired to a few photos or footage (Gee sorry I had to). If anyone can make use of an anolog Hi8 tape I could mail it off. My son decided we had no further use for the cables, strap, a few tapes we had, so I'm out of business as far as copying to VHS for the time being. And he's out of what ever business he was up to as well.

john k on 11/18/03 at 15:05 (137867)

Tommy has gone to the woodshed...Whack, Whack

Dorothy on 11/18/03 at 15:29 (137870)

100% agreement about Notre Dame. Any school that has the ... well, affrontery, shall we say... to place a gigantic figure of Christ hovering over its end zone does not belong in religion or in sports because they are confusing the two, IMHO! Michigan has already done its very beautifully executed ND whuppin' for this year; this weekend it's (Oh, how we hate) Ohio State!! Go Blue!

I have relatives who went to Purdue and to Wabash and to IU. Many of us went to University of Illinois and some to Michigan. A few to University of Kentucky, Michigan State, Miami of Ohio, University of Virginia, and Colorado (I always forget which one is in Boulder, but the one in Boulder...) and a couple of fervent University of Wisconsin grads. We have a loving relationship with the Big Ten overall. It's a proudful fact that you're a Boilermaker; it's a fine institution (many astronauts say so, too) and I read recently that it's #2 in best places to work for academic researchers. Don't know what that was based on nor who was #1, but there you go.

Yes, I have heard of Grass Lake and it sounds like you have a proud history, royal AND union, sir. If you are in Indiana or Illinois, both are great and wonderful and beautiful states and I love them both, but Michigan has a special place in my heart. OK, enough....back to work.

Ann J on 11/18/03 at 20:04 (137898)

John, you are just cracking me up!! I can't stop laughing!

john k on 11/19/03 at 09:17 (137936)

Ha,ha I think this Tommy guy is an obvious fake. The posters on heelspurs.com caught on immediately. Anybody who has PF or TTS knows there is no magic cure. I fear a lot of suffers are taken in by this BS. Because I have some other chronic injuries I have delt with a bunch of healers who make all kinds of claims.

Kathy G on 11/19/03 at 09:36 (137938)

I read this thread thinking that Tommy may come back and give us the link to his website hawking some new snake oil! Nope!

As for John Madden, I suspect that good ol' John knows more about many activity-related conditions that half the doctors in this country! People may find him annoying but he knows his stuff. As for me, I just love the guy!