Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

results with ART

Posted by AndreaR on 11/18/03 at 13:23 (137851)

I know a few of you started ART about 1.5 months ago. Please tell me how it is going and if it has helped.

Re: results with ART

Dorothy on 11/18/03 at 13:38 (137857)

You might want to do a message search here for ART as Aly has very kindly been keeping us up to date and you will find other information about ART from the posters who are trying it. Then you will be up to date so far until we hear more from Aly about her experience.
Best wishes ~

LARA on 11/18/03 at 13:45 (137858)

I recently started Trigger Point Therapy for my shoulders, and while there we decided to try my feet too. As best I understand it, some people think trigger point therapy is essentially the same thing as ART with small distictions, and some people think it's a different ball game. I tend to suspect it's similar, and differences among practitioners (including the likelihood that practitioners adopt things they learn about other therapies) is greater than the different between the therapies. In any case, I think I have significant improvement, but not a cure, from trigger point.

Al on 11/24/03 at 15:38 (138562)

I went for 2 treatments and my chiropracter told me to stop because it wasn't helping. He said it should start working immediately and referred me to another podiatrist.
-al

I'm going for eswt in December. Any eswt success stories?

HilaryG on 11/24/03 at 17:31 (138568)

I didn't have any improvement from ART until after about 6 or 7 treatments. I have now gone for about 20 treatments and am doing great. I considered myself pretty much cured of atypical PF after 10 treatments. I do get ocassional twinges of arch pain, and my feet hurt after being on them for a long time, but it's nothing compared to the torture I went through before. Hilary

Aly R. on 11/24/03 at 17:33 (138569)

Hi Al - for the sake of those reading to learn about A.R.T. - 2 treatments of anything wouldn't likely help PF! Even ESWT takes time to see results. I'm certainly not pushing ART - I have no idea how many people it will work for, and it's only helped me a little so far - but with 2 visits you'd hardly begun treatment.

You didn't by chance see someone in Westchester NY, did you? My first ART provider told me the same thing. I'm now with a really good one who's told me it could take months to see results, and who was able to cure someone with severe PF before. Considering how bad PF is, I find that a more realistic time frame.

Good luck with your ESWT!! Let us know how that goes.

Aly

HilaryG on 11/24/03 at 17:33 (138570)

I didn't have any improvement from ART until after about 6 or 7 treatments. I have now gone for about 20 treatments and am doing great. I considered myself pretty much cured of atypical PF after 10 treatments. I do get ocassional twinges of arch pain, and my feet hurt after being on them for a long time, but it's nothing compared to the torture I went through before. Hilary

HilaryG on 11/24/03 at 17:37 (138573)

Sorry about the multiple postings. As many of you know, I do feel strongly about ART, but the multiple postings were not intentional. LOL. Hilary