Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Anthro-7 and Gero Vita Products

Posted by Ken T on 11/19/03 at 13:15 (137973)

Several of you asked about bone-support products offered by Gero Vita, International.

FYI: Health Quest Publications and Gero Vita, International have recently decided to promote stem cell therapies that promote the killing and use of embryo tissues. They may not be automatically disclosing this to their consumers. It is important to some customers and potential customers to know of such practices. So ... this is a heads up.

They aren't the only ones, either. Companies like Merck and other pharmaceuticals are also involved in such practices.

Re: Anthro-7 and Gero Vita Products

Dorothy on 11/19/03 at 16:34 (137982)

I don't know who this is or what previous posts are referred to here because I haven't yet read them - BUT I do know that Gero Vita has appeared on a number of FDA and/or consumer ?fraud or other unsavory practices notices. It has been somwhere between two to three years since I read about this and I have forgotten the details now, but it caught my attention because, for some reason, I had gotten on Gero Vita mailing lists and they are persistent, prolific, and very unpleasant. I recall the consumer info. saying that they were located in Canada to avoid the regulations that would have otherwise governed their practices in the U.S.
Someone here once posted the reference/link to the quack.com website; Gero Vita used to appear there, too. I don't always think the 'quack' website is entirely accurate, in this case, they seemed to have it right. Maybe the FDA website, Consumer Product Safety, 'quack', or maybe just a google search would yield information about this.
As for introducing the stem cell research question here, I think it completely inappropriate - talk about political!

LarryT on 11/20/03 at 12:23 (138085)

I hope we dont chase away great information like this with mean assumptions. I think many good people with good information get chased from here. Play nice please.

Ken T. on 12/01/03 at 09:27 (139087)

I am sorry if my posting was misconstrued. I should have explained what my personal situation was instead of dealing with the abstract.

My comments weren't meant to be political, but health-related in nature. There are people who cannot accept medical services or medications on moral or ethical grounds because they have been developed using embryo stem cells. I am one of those people.

I am unable to receive treatment from three hospitals in the Great Lakes area because they work with embryo stem cells. Because of this, I cannot obtain important medical services for neck bone spurs restricting my spinal cord. Where will I (and many others) be, say in ten years, if the AMA and CDCP continue to ignore our medical needs by refusing to require disclosures and provisions for alternatives? Will there be any hospitals offering bone spur treatments that I can go to in good conscience?

So, my concern and issue is a medical concern, not a political one. It is the AMA and CDCP (and individuals who wants posting like mine censored) who are the placing political concerns over health concerns.

Dorothy on 12/01/03 at 09:44 (139089)

Where is the 'great information like this' that you refer to in this Ken T.'s message?? There is no 'great information' in this post; there is only a personal political statement - which for some posters has been banned, but apparently not for all.
Second, there was nothing in my post that was not 'nice' and your use of your expression 'mean assumptions' is out of line and out of place.
Your use of the term 'get chased from here' is out of line and out of place. I don't know who you are, but I don't need instruction from you or from anyone else here to 'Play nice...'. First of all, I am not 'playing'. Second, 'Ken T' and you, for that matter, have appeared out of nowhere promoting a political agenda - and perhaps promoting other products and ideas - helping no one but your agenda. I and others here have been here sharing information (some even provide 'great information') and experience.
There is nothing in 'Ken T.'s' post that can be addressed on this board; it doesn't even pertain to foot problems. He, whoever he is, has an agenda and he is using message boards to promote it. It is POLITICAL and nefarious. MANY Americans completely disagree with his apparent position on stem cell research. THIS is not the place to debate. WRITE TO YOUR REPRESENTATIVES!!!
The ONLY 'great information' provided in this particular exchange was in my post which reminded people of fraud issues around Gero-Vita products/company that were in the news just a few years ago.
You 'play nice' by taking your political agendas and commentaries elsewhere. I call upon Scott R. to apply his political ban fairly and consistently - or do the 'scoldings' only apply to Pauline and to Dorothy?