Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

multiple pains in foot

Posted by sheilaw on 11/19/03 at 20:59 (138019)

Had PF, did pt, orthodics, too many cortizone shots. After 1+ yr of no help did PF release. 2 doctors since said operation was succesful for that. Still have incredible pain. Now had emg done and is normal, doc has me on 600 units of neurontin and deep tissue pt., clogs or sneckers with orthodics, even cam walker for 2 months. # doctors consulted including current one thought it was tarsal tunnel syndrom and possible nerve intrapment, this was before emg. I do not want nerve surgery, but can not work or have a life with out relief.

Pain is 3 places
1. between heel and arch (big toe side)pain when on foot, press the area and swell slightly.
2. 'transfer pain' on small toe side in line with ball of foot
3. inside, back of leg above ankle joint which feels bruised and swollen-pt says because pain is from fluid (only this foot)
** also when I touch this foot top side only foot feels slightly numb.
no differnce in foot temp between feet

Neurontin,since august 15
pt since mid sept
emg just done

question-Any ideas for additional testing to figure out what this is?
or any ideas on what else to try or options to bring up to
doctor at next visit?

Thank you for your time and help.

Re: multiple pains in foot

Dorothy on 11/19/03 at 21:04 (138020)

Don't know if this would apply to your situation, but I just posted an article about new study on nerve pain treatment. It's a few posts 'below' this one. Maybe there's something in there that would be useful to you.

Re: multiple pains in foot

sheilaw on 11/19/03 at 21:07 (138021)

Thank you!