Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

New pain question

Posted by monte on 11/20/03 at 11:06 (138077)

Over the weekend, I spend about 3 days installing a tile floor and then grouting it. During this activity, I tried to stay on my knees as much as possible.

I also sat down with my feet plantar flexed under my butt.

I now have serve pain in my left foot going from my arch and up behind my interior ankle and into my leg.

I cannot even press on the inside of my lower leg near the ankle.

Does anyone know if I may have over-stretched the posterior tendon bu sitting on my feet so much?

I am going to see my doctor on Saturday....some advise as to what to do right now would help....do I ice it?

Re: New pain question

SteveG on 11/21/03 at 12:46 (138247)

Monte - not a doc, of course, but it sounds like Post-Tib Tendonitis - I have had a bit of a problem with this, and I recall, somewhere on this board that Dr. Davis said it is not uncommon to see post tib in conjunction with PF. I don't know if this is because the muscles in the feet and ankle tend to atrophy with long-term PF, or if the PF causes problems with the tendon. I would do a search in google and see if the symptoms match yours and what the treatment options are.

Re: New pain question

monte on 11/21/03 at 13:11 (138250)

Thanks Steve.

I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow morning. As I mentioned, i sat on my feet with them plantar flexed, for a long time over the weekedn while laying tile and grouting. I think that I stretched the posteria tibial tendon too much.

I cannot even touch around my ankle and up the side of my leg too. I hurts to flex the foot too.

I never had this before this week and I have had PF for 3 years.

How did yours go away and how long does it take...This is not a chronic case....i think I simply imjured it.