Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

11 days since EPF surgery. So far so good

Posted by Bud P. on 11/20/03 at 14:51 (138117)

To all,
I just want to try and keep everyone updated.I got a great deal of help from this message board before I made the decision to have surgery. So I will continue to inform everyone on my progress. So far so good. Days 3 and 4 after surgery were by far the worse.Those days were more painful than my daily pain with PF. However it was a different pain much more easy to control with meds. I am able at this time to drive and I went to Sam's today to look for Birks that come highly reccomended by many people.I may have done a little too much today. So I cut the trip short and will finsh another day. I've been able to get around by myself from day one with the use of crutches. The most difficult task so far has been showering or bathing. I was fortunate when I built this home 4 yrs ago.I put a bench to sit on in the shower.If not it would have been much more difficult. I don't know as of yet if the surgery has worked. The daily PF is not present however there is a pain in the general area. I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep you all updated until the final outcome. Once again thanks for all the support. Writing was never one of my strong points in school. Forgive me.

Bud

Re: 11 days since EPF surgery. So far so good

Aly R. on 11/20/03 at 15:00 (138121)

You're a fine writer Bud, there's nothing to forgive!! :)

Aly

John H on 11/20/03 at 16:38 (138140)

Bud: I would suspect it will be some months before you know the final outcome of the surgery so patience is the word. Good luck and take it easy.

Sher A on 11/21/03 at 16:42 (138287)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you too! It definitely doesn't matter whether you're a great writer or not, I just want your surgery to be a success and a few months from now hear you tell us that it worked and was one of the best things that you ever did! I'm cheering for ya, and thanks for the update!

Bud P. on 11/21/03 at 18:32 (138303)

Sher,
Thanks so much for those kind words and support. I will keep you all informed weekly. If I can help someone to be pain free for just a day it will make me happy. Everyday has gotten better so far. Thanks Bud