Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posted by seth vorhees on 11/21/03 at 14:42 (138260)

does tarsal tunnel syndrome present itself with ONLY LOCALIZED INNER ANKLE PAIN? I have inner ankle pain but no numbness tingling or burning. it has been like this for 2 1/2 months.

Re: tts?

marie on 11/21/03 at 15:27 (138265)

Is the tarsal area swollen? From what I have seen and experienced tts presents itself in many fashions. It's always best to talk to your doctor.

seth vorhees on 11/21/03 at 16:04 (138279)

the tts area is not swollen and my podiatrist says its post tib tendonitis.

do you know any treatmnets for this ive tried ice orthotics pt heat strecth to no avail. i havent tried rest, because i am a mail carrier, but its getting so bad i can take it anymore

marie on 11/21/03 at 17:50 (138299)

I wish I could tell you what to do. Place a post on the ask a doctor board. They may be better at telling you what to do medically.

You are going to have a tough time getting well if you continue to stay on your feet. Can you get a temporary sit down job in the post office? It's extremely important to rest. Non weightbaring exercise is ok. Like swimming and light stretching. Healing takes a long time!

RonB on 11/28/03 at 13:49 (138880)

Mine presented with numbness. Followed shortly by the pain.
If you have not seen a podiatrist go now!!!

My mistake was waiting 6 months for a proper diagnosis.

oops on 12/11/03 at 21:32 (139825)

seem my post about misdiagnosed pt tendinitis being TTS. You need nerve conduction studies to see for sure.