Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Sharon W

Posted by SteveG on 11/21/03 at 17:38 (138294)

Has Sharon W. been kicked off this message board?? - say it ain't so. Sharon provided a lot of insight and help to the posters on this board and she was a valuable presence; I will find it pretty dubious if she was, indeed, kicked off.

Re: Sharon W

marie on 11/21/03 at 17:45 (138297)

Steve she was not kicked off the board. This has been a difficult adjustment for all of us. I dare not say anything else or I may get kicked off. I will share your sentiment with her. She is happy and having some fun.

marie

nancy s. on 11/21/03 at 17:45 (138298)

of course not, steve. my understanding is that only definite and destructive trolls have been blocked. sharon left of her own accord.

nancy

Re: So if you tell the truth, you will be kicked off?

the truth will set you free on 11/21/03 at 21:27 (138316)

Too bad.

Re: A definitie and destructive troll is defined as anyone who disagrees wtih nancy s. or Scott

a definitie and destructive troll on 11/21/03 at 21:30 (138318)

If that is not censorship I don't know what is.
Regards,
A definite and destructive troll

Scott R on 11/22/03 at 09:17 (138347)

Only the one law-breaking troll who posts as many different persons is kicked off. I know there may be one or two who wanted to see the heelspurs.com message board destroyed by his viscious activities, but they are still alowed to post. But remember, i am not always able to block the troll, so that anyone posting in a thread like this may really just be the troll. Remember harry potter's troll? Big, dumb, and walking around with a club whacking people...not for fun or anything, but just because he can. The only way i can effectively block the troll is to do something that would cut the number posters in half, and greatly restrict newcomers. Such is the damage trolls can inflict by posting in violation of civil law, hiding behind anonymity like a terrorist, and picking threads at random to toss in a bomb.

marie on 11/22/03 at 10:10 (138357)

Are you saying that any one of the people above may be a disgruntled poster and not really who they say they are? Just need a little clarification. Would that mean that at least half the posters may really be a troll?

Sorry for the disturbance. I did not wish to contribute to this kind of thing happening. My understanding was that certain issues are 'mum'. And I will continue to abide by that. That is the reasoning behind the post. I am trying to abide by your rules. I do not wish to see HS destroyed. Scott, I wish you only the best.

best wishes marie

Sher A on 11/22/03 at 19:32 (138397)

>My understanding was that certain issues are 'mum'.

Now *I'm* worried. What are the issues? Are they described somewhere? I sure don't want to get kicked out for talking about something that I don't know we shouldn't be talking about. I'd just like to be able to come here and hear everyone's good and bad experiences about things related to PF, etc. I feel that it's the only place left to find out the truth about what's going on. I wish I had known about hs when I first realized I had PF. I would have saved so much money and so much leave, because I would have been a lot more educated. I'm a newbie to the world of doctors and afflictions.

marie on 11/23/03 at 06:19 (138436)

We're nto allowed to discuss the board, other posters, and politics.

Scott R on 11/23/03 at 07:55 (138443)

The main thing is to be nice and stay on topic. To stay within normal rules of politeness and civility. The talking about others applies when people are trying to be mean. Excessive droning on about the board isn't allowed because it's very sad to see the message board talk only about itself. Specifically, only politics is banned. These rules are not written because the vast majority of people know what Be nice as stated in the posting agreement says. As i said, only one person is currently banned, and if you're worried about being banned, then you're not the type who's going to get banned. Unless of course, you're just PRETENDING to be worried about being banned as a way to be mean to me by forcing me to reply to silly messages that talk about the board and pretend lots of people are banned and to cause trouble here in the message board by making newcomers newcomers worry. That violates the be nice rule

marie on 11/23/03 at 08:45 (138451)

Thanks so much for your response. I did not mean to bring up anything negative about this board. My apologies. I am doing my best to abide by the guidelines in your post above. I would suggest that you place the post you made, so folks who are new, know what is allowed and and what isn't. 'Be Nice' is a great rule but if I am a new poster I, like Sher, would want to know what is and isn't allowed. It is tough enough to be in pain and reach out to others, making a mistake in a post that would be brought to a moderators attention may appear negative. This is only a suggestion so please understand I am sharing this tidbit with you as an objective person and not a foe.

respectfully marie

Scott R on 11/23/03 at 09:09 (138455)

marie,
in the past i tried to state clear and specific rules. the problem with doing that is that malicious posters use it against me: they study every rule i make more carefully than anyone else and stay on the edge with every post they make and cross the line whenever i'm not looking, or worse, they figure out ways to be mean to others without breaking the specific rules and even on the surface to a newcomer it doesn't appear mean. so then i have the make the rules longer, and longer, and longer, and it gets ridiculous. then one day i had the epiphany that people were really all breaking one simple rule that cannot be defined so easily: they weren't being nice. even posting off-topic like discussing the message board itself at tedious length can fall under that.

marie on 11/23/03 at 11:24 (138460)

I understand what you mean. I am hoping that you didn't take my advice personally. It's just an observation on my part. It has been my experience that clear guidelines improves crowd control. I have found that the word 'rules' does sometimes insight folks to break them. So I do understand what you have experienced.

Well, Scott I do appreciate the time you have spent responding to my posts. Thank you.

best wishes marie

John H on 11/23/03 at 14:58 (138480)

I understand the Be Nice rule Scott but the Osama Bin Laden may have a different view of be nice than I do. Just joking a you know but if someone is going to break the rules they would be break them rules or no rules more than likely.