Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

dr z or wander

Posted by seth vorhees on 11/22/03 at 08:55 (138339)

i am a mail carrier for the post office and cannot walk my route. I was wondering if you specifaiclly ever dealt with mail carriers and foot problems that were job related but not from a traumatic injury but over time like my condition of post tib? Did you ever have to write written statements on behalf of the mail carrier to support his claim to OWCP. I am reluctant to talk about this to my podiatrst because I don't know what to pay him for his time in writng a statemnt that reflects the relationship between my job and my post tib problem. I am not trying to get out of work , but simply trying to get a sit down job or limiteed walking. Could you please advise me on these issues. I have a family and am worried. Thanks alot for all your help.

Re: dr z or wander

Dr. David S. Wander on 11/23/03 at 08:17 (138445)

Yes, I have treated many mail carriers over the years for various conditions. I've also written letters/filled out forms on behalf of the patient to document the condition, treatments rendered, prognosis, expected time off of work, etc. You must speak with your doctor regarding any fees for this service, since it can certainly be time consuming. Many offices will fill out an initial form at no charge, and charge for any additional paperwork or letters. You must discuss this with your doctor. Additionally, you will probably be required to see on of 'their' doctors for a second opinion.