Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

...a nice lunch with Bev. N. today!!

Posted by Suzanne D. on 11/22/03 at 16:24 (138388)

I had a special treat today ~ meeting a 'foot friend' in person! Bev N., who posts here, and her husband were traveling through KY on their way to Alabama, and we were able to meet for lunch! It was so nice to meet and visit with both of them. We talked of many things - really not too much about feet - and it was all pleasant. Bev is a lovely person - both inside and out!

I'll have to tell you this: Bev called me to let me know they were near our meeting place, and when I got there, after we gave each other a hug, she said, 'Suzanne, on the internet you don't have an accent!' :))

And to think I would never have met them had it not been for Heelspurs.com. I appreciate this site!

Suzanne :)

Re: ...a nice lunch with Bev. N. today!!

marie on 11/22/03 at 16:39 (138391)

:)

Carole C in NOLA on 11/22/03 at 17:44 (138393)

What fun! I'm glad you got to meet Bev and her husband. :)

Carole C

Necee on 11/23/03 at 02:26 (138429)

How nice !!!
I think it's great that friends here reach out and make the effort to meet in person.
Sounds like ya'll had a wonderful time.
Is anyone traveling to Texas anytime soon???

Happy trails...

Necee

nancy s. on 11/23/03 at 06:10 (138432)

that's great, suzanne and bev; i'm glad you had such a good time. judy s. and her husband once visited me and my husband in our home, from the other side of the country, and we had a wonderful time. judy posted about the visit, here on the s/s board, from our living room floor. i think people assumed she'd been drinking wine!

nancy

JudyS on 11/23/03 at 18:53 (138492)

Ah Suzanne - YOU don't have an accent - everyone north of you does! :)
It sounds like you had a lovely visit with Bev and I am envious......

Although I have had the true pleasure of dining with, let's see, Nancy s, john h, steve p, bob g, nancy n......I just want to add more such nice experiences to my list!

JudyS on 11/23/03 at 18:57 (138493)

Necee - my husband will be to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area some time next spring. Is that by you?

JudyS on 11/23/03 at 18:59 (138494)

Ha! There was no assumption Nancy S! We flat out revealed the fact that we were sipping on a bottle of your red wine while we were posting! What fun that was!

nancy s. on 11/23/03 at 19:14 (138495)

aha! i got you to say it, judy, and not me! it's true, and no shame involved . . . i don't believe we were on any other medication, so why not a little wine? it was a most festive occasion.

nancy

Re: Yet another goof....

JudyS on 11/24/03 at 12:06 (138541)

Necee - I meant to say that my husband AND I will be in the D/FW area next spring......