Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Soles - again!

Posted by Rachael T. on 11/22/03 at 21:39 (138404)

Just a short note to say I am going to 're-test/retry' the Soles....I reshaped them w/ a higher arch & then, I added a post to the arch so it 'maybe' wouldn't break down. They are so comfy & cushy - moreso than my semi-rigid Foot Management orth.- that is my reason for a retrial. I am a little 'scared' to retry them since my first go with them wasn't a good one...but I am stubborn! Guess w/ PF, we all have to be a bit stubborn to get past it, true? (-;

Re: Soles - again!

Carole C in NOLA on 11/22/03 at 21:48 (138406)

True! I think most of us have found that it really pays off to keep trying different things. Good luck with your 're-test/retry'! Maybe the added posting will help. What did you use for this added post to the arch? Anyway, good luck and as always let us know how it goes. :)

Carole C

Suzanne D. on 11/23/03 at 06:43 (138437)

Good luck, Rachael! %%-

Suzanne :)

Aly R. on 11/24/03 at 12:49 (138543)

Hi Rachael,

How did you make the arch higher and how did you add a post? I'd like to try the same to the Soles I just got, but have no idea what to do..

I'm in the middle of a major flare-up, so I can't stand on my feet for the 4-5 minutes that it takes to mold them (got them on Friday)...I'll have to wait a week or two...

Good luck - keep us posted!

Aly

Dorothy on 11/24/03 at 16:07 (138565)

Aly ~ I am so sorry to hear you that you are in the midst of a major flare-up. I hope it calms down and you feel better sooner than you expect.

Aly R. on 11/24/03 at 16:32 (138567)

Thanks Dorothy, you're so thoughtful. I hate it when this happens, especially when it's my fault. I overdid it majorly last Thursday, then on Friday we had a fire drill (the second of the week!) and I had to go down and back up 4 flights of stairs, and stand out in the parking lot for 10 minutes.

Kinda depressing...I hate my feet right now.. :( Sorry for the whine!! I'm done now. :)

Dorothy on 11/25/03 at 01:10 (138592)

It's ok, Aly. I'm all for whining right now. Take care.

Re: Aly...

Suzanne D. on 11/25/03 at 06:44 (138605)

Oh, those fire drills...:( I'm sorry, Aly! As much as I complain about our new school building with the hard floors and long halls, we are at least all on one level. I don't miss the stairs up to the library. It can be dangerous to have first graders stepping on the back of your Birk sandal heels, going up and down steps!

Hope you feel better soon!
Suzanne

Re: Aly...

Aly R. on 11/25/03 at 13:34 (138638)

Thanks Suzanne.:)

I was really quite cross that there were 2 fire drills in one week! Sometimes no matter how good you try to be, the world just doesn't give your feet a break!

I keep trying to remind myself that it could be so much worse than it is - at least I FEEL healthy. Even though I can't run around, at least I don't have a chronic illness - that would be worse.

I had visuals of little kids clambering to get down the stairs, stepping on your poor feet! :P I'm glad you're able to avoid that!

Rachael T. on 11/26/03 at 17:39 (138810)

Sorry I am late w/ this reply - but here I am now! Regarding the 'posting' I constructed after reheating & remolding my SOLE orth.......I merely used several layers of moleskin under the arch & that helped. In my 2nd attempt at reheating/remolding them, I didn't stand for the 4 min. on them as instructed - I sat & tried to attain a neutral foot position....then, held my hand for 4 minutes on the arch....I did each foot one at a time so that I could use my hand for holding the arch. Do I now like them? Well, I think they're better - but my jury is still out on them as I've not recovered totally from the past 2 wks. changes to evaluate correctly. Good luck. And, they are worth a try as they've a 90 day $ back statement.