Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Nancy

Posted by Dorothy on 11/22/03 at 23:23 (138421)

Hello, Nancy ~
Well, it's probably the last thing on your mind at this time, but I wanted to give you a cheese update. Remember our exchange about Canadian cheddar and I was going to find out if the cheese place where we buy Canadian cheddar does mail order...? Well, I had the opportunity to check with the cheese man and he doesn't do that. I hope you can find what you're looking for. Here are a couple of possibilities, although I don't know if they have Canadian cheddar or not: Vermont Country Store (www.vermontcountrystory.com) sells cheddar cheese, but I have no idea of its quality or how it would compare to the wonderful Canadian cheddar.
Zingerman's deli in Ann Arbor, Michigan sells cheese in their shop, by mail order (catalog) and over the internet. (www.zingerman's.com). Again, I don't know about the Canadian availability. They do sell great cheese and know their cheese and are really nice people. It's a great, wonderful company - but I don't know if they have Canadian cheddar. I'll continue to keep my eyes and ears open for any new information.
I hope your father is doing better and know that his well-being is what is on your mind. Take good care ~

Re: To Nancy

nancy s. on 11/23/03 at 06:14 (138433)

dorothy, how thoughtful of you to remember my huge desire for canadian cheddar! wow. i actually went ahead and ordered 3 pounds from someplace in nyc i don't know, and it turned out to be crumbly (good) but not sharp and tangy (bad). it's almost gone anyway, though. i'll look into your two ideas here -- zingerman's sounds especially like a good possibility.

thank you from nancy