Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Good insurance news!

Posted by cherlyn Z on 11/22/03 at 23:45 (138423)

I had bilateral ESWT on October 17th. Originally, my insurance company (Doral USA) said it was not covered. I decided to fly back east to see Dr.Z. as the cost was by far, less then here in California. The gal at the insurance company said I could submit an appeal and to include as much documentation on ESWT as I could. I heard back this week and they found treatment 'medically neccessary' and will reimburse me the whole cost of treatment! Who says there's no Santa Clause!
Best regards, Cherlyn

Re: Good insurance news!

Dr. Z on 11/23/03 at 12:05 (138464)

Great!!

Would you please fax Dr. Z a copy so that I can place it in my file. I try to keep a file on companies that pay for ESWT for future patients use.
1-856-848-5122

Re: Good insurance news!

Darcy W. on 12/09/03 at 12:58 (139654)

Hi:
I have a question for Cheryln Z, who posted the message Good Insurance News!
I am going to submit an appeal to my insurance company because they state that ESWT is experimental.
I am curious about the nature of the documentation you supplied to your insurance company. Was it formal medical info?....from doctors?....copies of posts from people who had received treatment?
I just don't know where to start!
Another option for me could be endoscopic surgery, but by what I've heard about it, I really don't want to go that route. Do you think I should include info on the down-side of this treatment?
Did you supply your documentation yourself or did you hire a lawyer or ask your doctor for help?!
I thank you in advance for your help (or anyone else's!) for I have been suffering from plantar fasciitis for 5 years!
Thanks, DW