Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

sudden pain

Posted by Jill D on 11/23/03 at 19:22 (138497)

I have not done anything unusual or demanding. This morning I awoke with severe pain in my heel, right below my arch. It is a constant pain, it has not gotten any better throughout the day. It hurts severely to walk on it. I have 3 kids at home and am worried about it. Do you think this is something to worry about, or a 'wait and see' kind of thing? Thanks for your input.

Jill

Re: sudden pain

Dorothy on 11/23/03 at 23:41 (138523)

If you are new to this website, then you might not have read The Heel Pain book yet, but if you click on that title at the bottom of the homepage or the bottom of any page, you will find that text. It contains information about heel pain and may answer some/all of your questions. Although the website is called 'heelspurs.com', it more often pertains to plantar's fasciitis or PF, a common cause of heel pain. You will find information about heel spurs and pf in that text as well which may help you as you try to figure out what is going on with your own heel pain. This website's message boards have posters who have so much experience and information about these foot problems, as well as an understanding and supportive environment for all of us with foot and ankle problems and much more. So, the first recommendation is to read that material and to feel welcome at the message boards where you can find lots of help. I am sorry you are having foot pain,and hope it goes away soon. Best wishes ~