Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Want to try ESWT

Posted by Tim S on 11/25/03 at 21:14 (138728)

I have had plantar fasciitis for 2 1/2 years now. It is still pretty bad and can only walk or stand a few minutes at a time. I live in Hawaii and don't know of any podiatrists that use ESWT. Does anyone recommend a Doctor in California? or Houston? I have relatives in these areas and want to get treatment sometime in the next few months.

Re: Want to try ESWT

Ron B on 11/25/03 at 23:03 (138744)

Tim
go to the homepage for this site and click on ESWT. near the bottom of that page there is a line (written in green) 'Database of treatment locations' click on that and it will show you all the locations to get treatment Several in Calif. and a couple in Houston here is a web site for one http://www.dfs-texas.com let me know if ya find what your looking for. 2 1/2 yrs is a long time. on a scale of 1 to 10 what would you say your pain level is? I stand on my feet all night, pain gos up and down but at least I can still stand and walk through my whole shift
good luck
Ron B

Re: Want to try ESWT

Tim S on 11/26/03 at 18:57 (138820)

Thanks for your response Rob. I did look through a few websites with doctors in California and Houston. I was just wondering if anyone out there had been treated by a doctor in these areas. I'd like to know their doctors names and how things went. I'd also like to know how much their doctor charged them. Currently my pain level is about a 4, but it can go up to an 8 with just 10-15 minutes of grocery shopping (which I don't do if I can help it). It's not the pain that's the problem, but it's the 2 1/2 years of not being able to live a normal life and no end in sight that's the problem. I've seen I've tried everything except ESWT and surgery (which is not an option). Thanks again for your comments and words of encouragement.

Re: Tim S

Ron B on 11/26/03 at 21:09 (138827)

Tim
The tech that is going to do my treatment is charging $69500. my insurance will pay 70%. if they DO pay then the tech will drop my 30% and I do have a pre-approved letter from the insurance co. I've had PF for 10 months. The only thing I really can't do at all is play Racquetball. and I miss that. some times I can't walk the dog because my feet hurt. I live a pretty normal life.I stand in one place most the night at work, thats when the pain really hits!
One thing I have been using, that has helped is DMSO. I roll it on be for work , at lunch and after work. Have you read Scotts heel pain book on here? he says that gave him relief too. you can get it at a animal feed store. very inexpensive. check out 'DMSO.com' Glad to hear that surgery isn't an option with you. My pod says NO to surgery.
Have a nice Thanksgiving

Tim S on 11/26/03 at 22:42 (138831)

Ron,

Try visiting this website http://www.footandheelpain.com/feeSchedule.htm
Do you know anything about this type of ESWT. It says it's only $500 for 3 treatments. Let me know what you think.

Dr. Z on 11/26/03 at 23:08 (138832)

This isn't the same ESWT that we use. It is radial shockwave therapy. I have heard about it but really can't comment on the results due to lack of any literature or FDA studies. There was one patient on heelspurs.com that had the treatment in Canada and told me that his foot is worse off from this type of treatment. This definitely isn't the ESWT that we use or is used in both Canada and Europe.

Dr. Z

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 11:43 PM
To: (email removed)
Subject: bbs: Re: Tim S

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. USE LINK AT BOTTOM.

Ron,

Try visiting this website http://www.footandheelpain.com/feeSchedule.htm
Do you know anything about this type of **eswt**. It says it's only $500 for 3 treatments. Let me know what you think.

View and Respond to post:
bbv.cgi?n=138831
Change Trigger Words:
bbl.cgi?email=footcare@comcast.net