Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

narrow feet--shoes never fit--surgical implants possible?

Posted by Susan on 11/28/03 at 19:35 (138904)

I have a problem that too many people probably won't sound like a problem. But I assure you it is. I have extremely narrow feet. It's impossible to find shoes that fit. Even AA width shoes are too wide. I find I can only wear sneakers with the laces tied super tight and thick socks. Is there such a thing as foot implants or fat injections or silicone to make my feet wider?
Susan
(email removed)

Re: narrow feet--shoes never fit--surgical implants possible?

Dr. Z on 11/29/03 at 01:34 (138920)

Sorry no surgery or implants known to man for your present problem. Not saying your are in pain or this is a problem just no present treatments are available so far.

Pauline on 11/29/03 at 07:36 (138931)

Susan,
There are speciality stores that carry shoes that go to very wide and very narrow widths.

I know there are AAA widths because I used to wear one. A quick search of the web brought up several web sites that carry shoes up to AAAAA. Here is just one of them.

http://www.acplace.com/Target/nshoe.htm

They also offer very wide widths too for people who need to go in the opposite direction.

With a little search and perhaps some trial and error, I think you can find a solution to your problem quite easily and it will be a lot safer than any surgery could ever provide.

Susan on 11/29/03 at 08:54 (138941)

Pauline,

Thank you for the suggestion. I will check out the website. Much appreciated.

Susan