Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posted by Rose on 12/02/03 at 17:42 (139187)

I battled PF for years and fianlly did have the surgery. I went well and I am so much better. But.....just before the surgery I developed severe sciatica and now have found I have a very crooked lumbar spine that is pushing directly on the nerve. My question is....I was in and out of the boot for many many months, over a year, which put pressure on the left side (the one with sciatica). It also was lower due to walking in the boot. Is there any way you think that so long in the boot and walking so funny could have cause an actual tipping of the lumbar spine?
I am now in physical therapy for it and it is improving, but nobody seems to know the cause. what is your opinion? Is it harmful, in your opinion, to use the boot too much????? I occasionally use it when my foot hurts and it takes the pain right away for quite sometime, but I don't want to be doing anything that could hurt my back. It has been difficult, because following the surgery I could neither walk or sit....

Re: Boot????

Dorothy on 12/02/03 at 21:02 (139213)

Have you been evaluated for scoliosis, which can appear later in life?

Re: Boot????

Rose on 12/03/03 at 01:24 (139238)

Yes, I do have it in both the lower and middle back. They said it might be just an age thing. I am 59. But the sciatica happened instantly with no apparent reason.