Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

new balance shoes

Posted by Ann J. on 12/02/03 at 20:24 (139206)

Just wanted to let those folks out there that like new balance that joesnewbalanceoutlet.com has some awesome prices. I just got 3 pairs of shoes from there and they are excellent. Feel good on the feet and I didn't realize it but new balance makes casual shoes as well. See ya Ann

Re: new balance shoes

Kathy in KY on 12/03/03 at 18:33 (139289)

Did you order a size larger or the regular size? I've been looking at some internet sites & one said to order the Annapolis one size larger. Thanks for any info. Kathy

Re: new balance shoes-oops

Kathy in KY on 12/03/03 at 18:37 (139290)

Could you tell how tired I am? I had Birkenstock on my mind instead of New Balance. I've been looking at them now after getting my New Balance last month! Thanks anyway!

Suzanne D. on 12/03/03 at 21:34 (139302)

Hi, Kathy in KY! I live in Kentucky, too. I also have Annapolis shoes! My Arizona sandals are size 42 (My toes do come to the end, but the arch is not in the right place if I go up to a 43!). I wear size 43 in the Annapolis shoes. I will tell you that my foot is long but thin, and the shoes were too deep for me. I tried, with varying success, putting different inserts on top of the removeable footbeds, and then later had the soft footbed padding added to the footbeds making them more comfortable and also helping them fit better.

Good luck!
Suzanne :)

Kathy in KY on 12/03/03 at 21:40 (139303)

Hi Suzanne. I'm the Kathy from Maysville. I think my Christmas present to myself will be Birks! Sounds like I need to go up a size for Annapolis. I can buy them for around $90 + shipping on ebay but want to try them on in person before ordering any online. The ebay person is a dealer from Germany, so I'll have to pay quite a bit for shipping. Still thinking about that.

Suzanne D. on 12/03/03 at 21:44 (139305)

Oh, yes, Kathy! I remember now that you mentioned Maysville.

You may want to try this site if you are going to order from Germany. It's where I ordered mine.

http://www.gobuyeurope.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv ?

Good luck! I now have two pairs - the black pair I ordered two years ago and the camel pair last year. (That color can only be ordered from Germany as far as I know.)

Suzanne :)

Re: Birks

Lorinda N on 12/05/03 at 01:07 (139380)

I too read about ordering Birks (ones with closed toes) at a size larger. SO..... I went to the mall and tried on several Birks... open or closed toe I wore the same size.... just thot I would share my experience.... have a good day!

Lorinda

peggy m on 12/06/03 at 06:46 (139463)

Hi Kathy from Ky. I from Ky too. I'm having orthotics made now. My second pair. Can't wait to get them so I can get some new shoes. The PT said I need to get orthotics before I get shoes. I'm going to a shoe store in Louisville called Fleet Feet. Ever heard of it. I have not had a pair of new balance shoes. Always wore reeboks and the custom orthotics I've had for 8 yr. So glad to talk to someone from Ky

Kathy in KY on 12/06/03 at 21:11 (139508)

I've only been to Louisville a few times, I'm from north east Ky near Maysville. I'm wearing New Balance 842 & planning to order some Birks after Christmas shopping for family is over. Those may be my present to myself this year! I used to wear Reebok when I first developed PF years ago (not much pronation support). Then switched to Nike Air Walkers. But the last year has been really bad, so I've tried everything- tape,ice,orthotics and now wearing a removable walking cast. You might want to look into Brooks shoes also, they aren't available in my area.

Dorothy on 12/07/03 at 01:33 (139513)

Do you ever shop on the internet? If so, http://www.zappos.com is a great online shoestore and they carry Brooks shoes.