Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

leg pain

Posted by cooper on 12/03/03 at 20:03 (139293)

I have started with pain up the front of my leg. I thought it might be shin splints but had a bone scan which was negative for shin splints and stress fractures. This is the leg that I had tarsal tunnel release then got rsd. The orthopedic dr. says it could be tendonitis or maybe pain radiating from arthritis in my foot. The dr. said the outside chance is it could be exertional compartment syndrome. I did some reading on this and it says it involves the peroneal nerve which is one of the nerves damaged by the rsd. Has anyone else heard of this? I am presently wearing a removable cast which does help because there is no ankle motion but I do still get pain. Thanks

Re: leg pain

Nasim on 12/04/03 at 08:35 (139331)

I have same problem that you mentioned, but the only difference is that I get this pain when I drive otherwise I am fine. I even have been tested for Lupus for this which luckily is negative. My orthopaedic surgeon has suggested to take 75 mg Voltaren twice a day which seems helpfull but I am going to have MRI on this foot and ankle. I can imagine this pain and be praying for you. Please keep posted. Best wishes.