Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Foot Trainers

Posted by Dorothy on 12/06/03 at 00:40 (139461)

To those of you who use the Personal Foot Trainers: you know how you're suppposed to use them first thing in the a.m. before taking any steps?? Well, the biggest obstacle for me to doing that is the fact that there are usually urgent needs the first thing upon awakening in the morning. Because I 'have' to get up, I find that I have been neglecting doing the FT for a while - because, I figure, well, I'm up; I've already 'broken the rules' so the opportunity is spoiled. Yet, I think I feel much better when I do the FT work consistently. Do any of you find this a problem?

Re: Foot Trainers

SteveG on 12/06/03 at 11:11 (139480)

Dorothy - I use the trainer in the evening before dinner. I don't understand the morning rule, unless it's to help with first step pain. There are not any other muscles that you are only suppose to exercise in the morning. I would just find a time during the day and go through the routine. You will gradually notice an increase in strength, just as with any other group of muscles.

Ellen on 12/06/03 at 14:43 (139492)

Yes, I found that to be a problem for me, so I cheated and only did them each evening while sitting in bed. Even though I cheated, it still worked for me. I figured that working at it half as much was better than not at all.
Ellen J.

Dorothy on 12/07/03 at 01:39 (139516)

OK, my fellow foot trainer devotees, you have proposed a pragmatic approach to the problem and I will follow your (cheatin') lead! Thanks to Ellen and Steve for their feedback.