Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

OK, you are going to laugh at my question but....

Posted by Ellen on 12/07/03 at 15:22 (139537)

Hi all,
I was talking to a friend today, who mentioned that some of the TV celebs apply Preparation H to their faces to shrink the bags under their eyes. If this is true, I then wondered if the stuff would shrink the swelling in feet. I know you'll laugh! I have not tried it since my feet are not currently swollen, but still, I wondered... has anyone out there tried it? And yes, the conversation I had with my friend was indeed an airhead conversation!
Ellen J.

Re: OK, you are going to laugh at my question but....

wendyn on 12/07/03 at 17:07 (139540)

I don't know, but it may relieve the pain and itching.

;)

AshtonB on 12/07/03 at 19:08 (139547)

If at all possible, it is best to avoid the 'roid.

Richard, C.Ped on 12/08/03 at 11:41 (139578)

I have acting friends that have tried it and it does work....at least for them it did.

Ellen on 12/08/03 at 18:05 (139614)

Hi all,
Thanks for your input! All this started with me complaining to a friend about the bags starting under my eyes (you know that tends to happen to us elders in our 40s) and she then mentioned the method that the actors use to combat under-eye puffiness. Then my mind wandered to the feet and the swelling that some people experience...
Also, I don't mean to give an impression of total vanity--this was just a light, humorous conversation I had with my friend!
Ellen J.

Necee on 12/10/03 at 00:05 (139694)

I appreciate the question Ellen....I'm in my late 40's, and would love to hear from anyone who has tried this. Being the chicken that I am, I'm not about to use that stuff on my face, especially near my eyes if it hasn't been tried before.
Any brave souls out there with bags under their eyes willing to give it a try???

Happy trails....

Necee

nancy s. on 12/10/03 at 07:13 (139711)

i have bags under my eyes . . . but i'm not that brave. at least not today. maybe tomorrow!

n.

Kathy G on 12/10/03 at 08:46 (139722)

I've heard about using Prep H on your face for years but I've never tried it because how can I possibly improve on perfection?

Okay, now that you've all thought of the retorts you can't post because, you know our creed, 'Be nice!', I'll say that I never thought of it doing anything for feet. I think it just superficially reduces problems on the face (and other places:'>) but who knows?

Ellen, you should try it on your feet and give us regular reports!