Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT _PLANTAR FASCIITIS

Posted by bjn on 12/08/03 at 23:39 (139632)

Had three treatments for bad plantar fasciitis. I found the treatments painful. Had absolutely no effect on the pain and I eventually needed cortisone shots and non weight bearing for 6 weeks. finally better

Re: ESWT _PLANTAR FASCIITIS

Physics Ron on 12/09/03 at 13:12 (139655)

You should call Dr Kiper. (800 drkiper) His SDO's probably not strong enough for your advanced PF. Ask him on a scale of 1 -10 (1=no pain) what your eventual pain would be? We'd all be interested in the results.

Re: ESWT _PLANTAR FASCIITIS

Ron B on 12/09/03 at 15:02 (139660)

jbn
You had three treatments of ESWT?? how long ago? how long in between treatments? do you know what kind of machine they used? I had ESWT a week ago today. I haven't noticed any improvement but they say it can take up to 12 weeks. I'm trying to be patient. a had PF in one foot about 15 yrs ago. and had two shots of cortisone and it finally went away. Cortisone shots aren't that great for you, so I would like to stay away from them. How long have you been pain free?? that is good news!
Ron B