Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel pain related to Sacroiliac Joint problem?

Posted by Susan L on 12/09/03 at 12:26 (139653)

After 6 months of trying different physical therapy approahes to sacroiliac joint disfunction (and lower back pain) I finally got my SI pain under control through a series of hamstring stretches, piriformis stretches, pelvic neutral positions,abdomon exercises, and stabilization exercises. At almost the exact time my back pain resolved,I leaned forward and got a sharp pain in the bottom of my heel, which now comes every time I bend over to pick something up, even a partial bend to reach something on the couch. A full -out squat is the only way I can reach something on the floor without another twinge of pain and a tearing feeling in my heel. The heel is opposite the side where my SI joint hurt (left heel, right SI). Actually, my heel now hursts almost all the time because I seem to keep setting it off, even though I'm trying not to bend forward. What's going on? Any insight advice is much appreciated - I'd like to fix my heel withourt undoing my SI again if at all possible!