Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Lupe L.

Posted by Ron B on 12/09/03 at 15:57 (139672)

Lupe
How much pain do you feel you had (1-10) before ESWT treatment? Mine went up and down with maybe 7 in my left foot and 4 or 5 in my right. I have had a few pain free days. so do you notice any difference in pain since the treatment? The shots to numb me where more behind my ankle than below it. My pod poured some cream on the area at the same time he was giving me the shot. it was just a little sting. like going to the dentist. No I did not have any swelling at all!! I walked out of the office and drove myself home with no trouble. Yes the treatment was a bit painful when it got to level 5-7 in right foot and level 7 in the left foot. I have way more pain in the left foot than the right. three months ago it was just the opposite. can't figure it out. good luck to you. Keep us posted
Ron B

Re: Lupe L.

Lupe L. on 12/11/03 at 10:55 (139801)

Hey, Ron I have about the same amount of pain as you indicted on your feet and exactly the same feet, a 7 on my left and about a 4 on the right. But, you know what,it was strange shortly after the ESWT my right foot was at a 10. For like a day, then went back down to 4. I feel about the same as I did before the treatment. But, I am walking a little better and getting up in the morning is not as painful. Yet, with PF you know that there it still hurts really bad.
Ron, I have a question, did you say that during your procedure you had some discomfort or pain? I really, didn't feel anything but, little taps along with hearing the sound that the machine would make. I think it was because my doctor really injected me with a lot of the liquid medication to numb my feet.

Ron B on 12/11/03 at 22:26 (139827)

Lupe
Yes during the ESWT I felt some pain. my pod said there were seven levels when I got to level five they had to give me another shot. I had to bite my lip at level seven, the left foot was ok at level five and six but again some pain at level seven. my right foot definitely better than my left. but you know three months ago it was just the opposite, my left foot was almost pain free. figure that one out????? I'm sitting here with a hot gel pack under my feet. boy that feels good. I can't take ice!!!!!!
Ron B

helen s on 12/20/03 at 18:10 (140443)

Hi,

Had last, ESWT treatment Wednesday. It was very painful no aneisthetic over here. Level 14 was a monster. Thank goodness its over my foot has been sore since. I was told at least 6 to 12 weeks before any improvement. So fingers crossed.