Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Need possible answer to foot pain

Posted by Kelley W on 12/14/03 at 23:43 (140011)

I have been experiencing numbness in my heel (left) for some time and now it is causing some pain. I am not sure if it is not a pinched nerve in my leg causing it or not. I can run my fingernails across a part of my heel and it is pretty numb. I also feel like the circulation is screwed up. Any suggestions as to what it could be. FYI- I am a hairstylist of 10 years and worked about 6 of those on flat concrete.

p.s. i have also put on about 20lbs. Please help

Re: Need possible answer to foot pain

Pauline on 12/14/03 at 23:51 (140012)

Kelly,
I'm not a doctor, but I'd certainly tell you to see one if you haven't. Without being seen it's pretty difficult to make a definite diagnosis on the internet.

You don't want to mess around if you think you have circulation problems or pinched nerves.

Why not begin with your family physician and see if he/she won't order specific tests for both of these conditions based on his findings after a thorough examination.

Re: Need possible answer to foot pain

john king on 12/17/03 at 07:32 (140133)

You many have some kind of neuropathy. Have you been checked for diabetes? I say this because neuropathy which includes numbness in the extremities is a sign of diabetes. You can have Type II diabetes Mellitus and not even know it.