Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

BURNING TINGLING PAIN ALWAYS PRESENT IN TTS?

Posted by QUINCY on 12/17/03 at 16:15 (140156)

HELLO EVERYONE,

I WAS WONDERING IF MOST OF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS OF TTS THAT INVOLVE BURNING, TINGLING, AND RADIATING PAIN INTO THE TOES, BOTTOM OF FOOT AND UP INTO THE CALF. DO ANY OF YOU HAVE ONLY LOCALIZED INNER ANKLE PAIN? I'M NOT SURE IF THIS IS TTS THANKS. ALSO DOES IT KEEP YOU UP AT NIGHT? THAMKS FOR THE INFO.

Re: BURNING TINGLING PAIN ALWAYS PRESENT IN TTS?

marie on 12/17/03 at 20:45 (140180)

Yes to all your questions.

Accept I will have to add radiating pain behind my knees and into my thighs.

Have you been dx'd with tts?

QUINCY on 12/18/03 at 17:29 (140238)

hi marie,

no podiatrist says its tendonitis ,but how can tendonitis last for 4 months. I thought maybe i had tts, i just have inner ankle pain. no numbnesss tingling, or shotingpains

Dr. G on 12/18/03 at 21:48 (140261)

Quincy:
What you described sounds exactly like tarsal tunnel syndrome. If you are experiencing symptoms like you describe, get a nerve conduction test by a neurologist.

You can decide whether you want to accept my advice or not. The one's that are criticizing me here are not worthy of watching my dog. Don't let them play with your head here Quincy but get a second opinion. Too many self righteous individuals with fragile egos trying to give advice.
Let these amateurs on this board argue but go see a pro!
Dr. G

Dorothy on 12/19/03 at 01:42 (140281)

'...not worthy of watching my dog.' That would the Corgies, right, your majesty?

Re: DR G

QUINCY on 12/19/03 at 07:06 (140292)

DR G,

I STATED THAT I ONLY HAVE INNER ANKLE PAIN NOT NUMBNESS, TINGLING , OR SHOOTING PAINS. I WANTED TO KNOW IF TARSAL TUNNEL SYNDROME COULD ONLY DISPLAY INNER ANKLE PAIN WITH NO OTHER SYMPTOMS. PLEASE RESPOND. WHERE IS YOUR PODIATRY PRACTICE LOCATED?

nancy s. on 12/19/03 at 08:24 (140306)

quincy, i'm no expert on tts and have not had it myself. i have had achilles, peroneal, and posterior tibial tendonitis, though (post. tib. tendonitis does affect the inner ankle), and i can tell you it most definitely can last 4 months -- and longer. for example, i had it for over a year and a half.

nancy

Julie on 12/19/03 at 09:38 (140317)

Quincy, Dr G may not have expressed himself very elegantly or kindly vis a vis the people who try to help here, and he obviously did not read your post accurately; but he is right that you should seek professional attention and not rely for a diagnosis on lay people's opinions. These can be helpful, but you need an accurate, hands-on diagnosis; and if you are not happy with the one you've been given, seek a second opinion.

Quincy on 12/19/03 at 14:53 (140354)

Quincy:
I am sorry if I misunderstood you but I thought that you mentioned that you had all three. Tarsal tunnel most commonly presents with all three symptoms you have listed but not always. The tibialis posterior tendon runs on the inside of the ankle and is the tendon responsible for lifting up on the arch. If the tendon is damaged, the arch will get lower and that can cause the bottom of your foot, especially the plantar fascia to hurt. As mentioned, I am retired and just here to lend a hand. There are lots of good docs out there. I used to practice in the midwest so I know more practitioners there but I am a snowbird now.

If you tell me where you live I will try to come up with some names. Otherwise, the official referral services are through the profession's organizations: http://www.apma.org and http://www.acfas.org
G

marie on 12/19/03 at 19:52 (140373)

I'm with Dr. G and a couple of others here...i think that you should seek professional help. A nerve conduction test would rule out tts if that is a concern. I can only share my own experiences with tts, tendonitis,pf.....and throw in a few mini strokes. I get tendonitis really easy now and have to be careful. When my tts was at its worst all it would take is to stoop down to pick up a piece of paper.

best wishes marie

QUINCY on 12/20/03 at 06:49 (140407)

I LIVE IN ROCHESTER,NY

Monarch on 12/20/03 at 17:14 (140441)

My pain kept me up every night for four months until my surgery on Dec. 10th. I was up every two hours. Terrible. The pain was in my arches, heel and down the side of my ankle. I had surgery for TTS and plantar fascitis on one foot.

Recovery is slow. I am eleven days out of surgery and doing pretty well. I sleep now and I hope it is because the surgery was a success and not because of the drugs I am taking for pain!

I am 55 and thank goodness I retired at 54! Lookin back I think I retired early because of the foot pain.

Good luck to you.