Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ACCUNPUNCTURE?

Posted by QUINCY on 12/17/03 at 16:16 (140157)

DID THIS HELP ANYONE OR EVEN TRIED IT OR IS IT BALONEY??

Re: ACCUNPUNCTURE?

John H on 12/17/03 at 17:27 (140163)

5 or 6 treatments did not help me.

Rose on 12/17/03 at 18:48 (140174)

It did not help me.

Julie on 12/18/03 at 04:43 (140192)

You need to understand how acupuncture works to appreciate how it *may* help plantar fasciitis. It works by stimulating points located along the meridians (the pathways along which energy flows). This stimulation removes blockages, which increases energy flow, and stimulates circulation. Increased flow of blood and energy to the inflamed fascia can contribute to healing.

So, acupuncture certainly isn't 'baloney' (but if you approach it in that spirit there may not be much point in your trying it). In the past few years, some have posted here that acupuncture has helped them, others that it hasn't. Obviously there are acupuncturists and acupuncturists, just as there are podiatrists and podiatrists, and much depends on the training, skill and accumulated expertise of the particular practitioner.

Why don't you use the search facility to find out what has been said about acupuncture in the past?

Rose on 12/19/03 at 10:48 (140323)

Actually while I was going for about a year for tretments from various accunpuncturists, I had a stomach problem completely healed. So it does work. It just didn't work for my feet because they were just too messed up. What finally worked for my feet was surgery. They even finally agreed that that probably was the best option to fix the cause and not just the symptoms. But I do agree that accupuncture does work and may even work for PF that is not too chronic. Everybody is individual. I would try everything that is out there, as something will make a huge difference. One thing that made a huge diffference is doing the exersices listed in the book Pain Free consistantly for about two months. that did more than the physical therapy, the shots, the chiropractor, the accupuncture, and all the general PF cures talked about on this discussion. Those exercises are absolutely magical in healing the body. I have been able to completely get rid of chronic pain I have had for over 20 years in the neck, arm and shoulder from two ruptured disks by doing the exercises mentioned in this book. This method really works for painful situations with both soft tissue and bones. So, try everything, something is sure to eventually work.

Ann J. on 12/21/03 at 07:48 (140463)

Accupuncture has been awesome for me. Also what Julie said...it's totally about energy flow. I guess the thing is... does it work for you? good luck