Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Metatarsal Region & front foot pain...

Posted by Rachael T. on 12/18/03 at 13:25 (140221)

I posted in the treatment symptoms board - the same as this, but I thought I'd ask the Doctors...After having extreme overall foot pain & stabbing knife pain in heels for pf duration, those symptoms have seemed to leave me; but now, I have metatarsal/ball of foot pain - I hopefully tell myself that this is how maybe it started originally; & maybe this is how it is departing! (I said hopefully). I am having my arches lessened in my orth. to alleviate some of the pain under the pinky metatarsal & see if that helps....On the treatment board, Steve G. answered saying he has the same & that his dr. called this distal PF.....can you explain more? Thank you!

Re: Metatarsal Region & front foot pain...

Steve S. on 12/19/03 at 08:46 (140308)

Rachael, check out anodynetherapy.com -- click on podiatry magazines, you will find a lot of information on the use of LED therapy for PF. You can purchase or rent a machine. I have had PF for 10 years (thanx to Ankylosing Spondylitis)LED therapy helps me.