Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Chicken soup

Posted by Carole C in NOLA on 12/19/03 at 13:24 (140344)

With flu season underway, I'm sure some of us have a cold or the flu. I thought you'd like to know that there is scientific confirmation that chicken soup really does help!

I am a great believer in chicken soup as a home remedy, but thought it was just a superstition until now. It does give one a secure, cared for feeling but according to the article that is not all.

Carole C

Re: Chicken soup

marie on 12/20/03 at 07:54 (140409)

Thanks Carole,

I'll be eating alot of chicken soup for the next few days. I am on my way to Urgent Care. My esphogus feels like it's on fire. I was so sick last year at Christmas that I missed most of the day. I hope this doesn't last long. Every time I cough, breath, swallow or drink I it burns.

best wishes marie

Carole C in NOLA on 12/20/03 at 08:41 (140412)

Oh Marie, get well soon!!! I'm so sorry that you are sick and I hope you can shake it off before Christmas.

Carole C

Kathy G on 12/20/03 at 09:14 (140415)

Hope you're feeling better soon. And thanks for reminding us about good old fashioned chicken soup, Carole. My mother said she never knew if it helped but at least she felt that she was doing something constructive to try and help!