Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

There's nothing better than a puppy...........

Posted by marie on 12/19/03 at 20:17 (140377)

Well she's not a pitbull,:))but she thinks she is. Our new mini dachshund puppy has the cats terrified. She just wants to play. They don't know what to think of a dog the size of a guinea pig and so they run every time she goes after them. Heidi can fit in my coat pocket. She has those cats worn out. I took these photos a few days ago. The ones of Heidi aren't so great, she's too wiggly. I haven't had time to take new ones. I have that coughing bug that's going around so I have to keep my distance, don't want to get her sick.

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b35ea89ae493

Peace to all, marie

Re: There's nothing better than a puppy...........

Dorothy on 12/19/03 at 23:00 (140399)

Soooo cute.

Kathy G on 12/20/03 at 09:12 (140414)

My husband's family had two full-sized dachshunds while he was growing up. I only vaguely remember one from when I was little but the second one, named Murphy, was the craziest dog I've ever met! She was a dog who needed to be on Ritalin or something!

Your puppy is adoreable, Marie. I didn't even realize they came in miniature sizes. Thanks for sharing!

Ellen J. on 12/20/03 at 19:07 (140449)

Hi Marie,
That pup sounds adorable! I'll bet you get alot of comments when you take her out to the pet supply stores, etc. I saw a baby mini dachshund last summer and the little thing was trying to follow it's human through tall grass. What a cute sight!
Ellen J.

John H on 12/20/03 at 22:09 (140456)

Only a kitty is better than a puppy kathy. only thing better than a kitty is two kittys.

marie on 12/21/03 at 10:11 (140467)

I think Heidi loves kitty's too.

marie on 12/21/03 at 10:12 (140468)

She is a cutie. We will have to watch were we walk she blends in with hardwood floors.

BevN. on 12/21/03 at 10:36 (140472)

Hi Marie,
I just saw the pictures of Heidi and she is adorable. What a cute addition to your family. I hope you are feeling better soon so that you can enjoy the holiday festivities.

A VERY BLESSED AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF MY PF FRIENDS
AND A WONDERFUL NEW YEAR :) Bev

Aly on 12/22/03 at 11:44 (140558)

CUUUTE!! I always wanted a mini daschund. She must be lots of fun! :)

marie on 12/22/03 at 12:01 (140560)

For her size she keeps us running. I forgot how exhausting a puppy can be. The cats are starting to enjoy playing with her. She loves chasing them. Now it's become a game. She is tiny...she actually fits in my coat pocket.