Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Seabiscuit question

Posted by Kathy G on 12/20/03 at 10:14 (140428)

We saw the video last night and it was very good. My question: A lot of us are about the same age. Did your parents or even your grandparents ever mention Seabiscuit? It seems as though it really captured the nation's heart but I don't remember my parents ever mentioning the whole phenomenon and my dad was a real sports buff. On the other hand, he was the kind of person of whom you usually had to ask questions. He wasn't much on telling stories or volunteering information. He always left that to my mother.

Just curious!

Re: Seabiscuit question

Carole C in NOLA on 12/20/03 at 10:20 (140431)

Never. They mentioned many famous racehorses, but I never heard of Seabiscuit until the movie came out. I still haven't seen it.

Carole C

Julie on 12/20/03 at 11:37 (140434)

You're too young, Kathy. :)

When Seabiscuit had his great year, 1938, I was three: I have no recollection of it, but I do of his comeback in 1940, because my father loved him and talked about him.

Richard, C.Ped on 12/20/03 at 12:20 (140438)

just after the movie came out, ETV had a special on Seabiscuit and his rider. Very touching story.