Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Anybuddy try these foot spa's?

Posted by Liam on 12/21/03 at 11:29 (140480)

With all the xmas flyers coming in I saw several foot spa, the had a Dr Scholl, half price $22.00 instead of 49. Four way control massage and contured footpads has a roller in the middle and a red thing on the back.
Do they help resolving the problem, do vibrations on the foot improve plantar?
Anyone happy with them?
Thanks kindly for the responses
Liam

Re: Anybuddy try these foot spa's?

anne on 12/21/03 at 22:08 (140519)

hi Liam,

I have been using a footspa everyday for a few months now, in the morning for about 20 mins while I eat breakfast. I find it soothing and more comfortable to walk afterwards because it warms up my feet, although I doubt that it does anything to speed up the healing process :)

Nigel on 12/22/03 at 08:26 (140529)

I've just starting using a bucket of hot water after icing my feet. It has been fantastic, so I am also going to buy a foot spa. I was finding that after icing, my feet would stay cold for hours and never warm up. Now I dunk them in hot water and they feel much better. Not sure if leaving me feet in the hot water for a long time would be a good thing, as this would defeat the purpose of icing. But to bring them back to normal temperature I have found to be a good thing.
Nigel.

Aly on 12/22/03 at 09:30 (140545)

Hi Nigel,

Hope you won't mind me jumping in to give advice that you didn't ask for, but I can't resist. Make sure that you're not using water that's too hot - I decided to regularly put my feet in the hottest water I could stand, to maximize blood flow and all that - and ended up with some very uncomfortable nerve problems that took several months to recover from. Sometimes I get a little overzealous in my treatments :) So, in case you're doing the same thing, please allow me to suggest very Warm water instead of hot. :)

Aly

Aly on 12/22/03 at 09:31 (140546)

I don't know if the vibrations to the foot really doing anything, but I must say the whole warm foot soak thing can do a lot to soothe painful feet. I'd recommend it to anyone!

Nigel on 12/23/03 at 18:07 (140699)

Thanks Aly, your advice is much appriciated. It's easly to be overzealous to try and get rid of this nasty condition. Nigel.

Julie on 12/24/03 at 00:53 (140723)

Nigel, Aly is right. Too-hot water could do you more harm than good, particularly immediately after cold. Over-zealousness when dealing with any health condition is always a danger.

In Greece there's an expression, 'Siga, Siga' - meaning 'slowly, slowly', or 'take it easy, there's no rush'. Very useful with Cretan taxi drivers on winding mountain roads. Useful too with exercise and other treatment for PF!