Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What are your favorite forums?

Posted by marie on 12/21/03 at 16:04 (140499)

I don't post at many forums. I post here and of course at the other forum I created. However I thought it might be fun to share other forums you visit that are fun, educational or informational. I know Scott probably wouldn't want us to post links to other heel-pain boards so please keep it light. If you have a personal favorite please share.

I go to a message board titled DIGIKITTENS occasionally. The forum is made up of artisits and designers or anyone else who likes cats and loves to create stuff. The sight appeals more to younger designers and some posts are a bit provacative, so it's not for everyone. I'm a little more conservative and of course so are my posts. It has rpg games, other computer games, quizes, and of course it is a great resource for computer geeks especially MAC lovers. You can upload images and photos there as well.

Re: What are your favorite forums?

marie on 12/21/03 at 17:41 (140501)

I only go to this forum to play games. On second thought it may no be a good place for anyone here to go. I hadn't looked at the forum farther than the games and upload feature. The rest of the site is to wild for me. It definately has a PG13 rating so I changed my mind about it. Sorry. I hope you guys have some better ideas than the one I had.

Richard, C.Ped on 12/22/03 at 07:46 (140526)

Here is one of my favorites. I like to do as much repair around the house as I can to save money. This site has experts that answer all kinds of repair questions. It comes in handy for me about every other week.

Kathy G on 12/22/03 at 08:39 (140532)

That looks really interesting! Not for my husband - for me! I love to fix things and it's a big joke in my house. Once I took apart the dishwasher that wasn't running properly. I took it all apart, kind of cleaned some parts, put it back together and discovered I had an extra part! It ran for about seven years more, so as far as I'm concerned, that part wasn't necessary!

I've done the same to the washer, the old stove that's now gone, the drier, the faucet. On the faucet, I replaced the cartridge. It's a Moen so doesn't have washers. The first time I replaced a cartridge was the day before Thanksgiving a few years ago. Unfortunately, I reversed hot and cold and had to warn everyone not to burn themselves when they were putting on what they thought was cold water. The next day, I figured out what I'd done wrong and fixed it but I've never lived it down!

This website is going to help me so much!

Kathy G on 12/22/03 at 08:45 (140533)

I don't post to many other forums but I do enjoy the Internet Movie Data Base (http://www.internetmoviedatabase.com/) and sometimes find out interesting info on their forums. I also like the arthritis forum and have gotten some good information there. It has the potential to be so much better if it only had someone like Scott to run it.

Doesn't the whole internet just amaze you sometimes? When you think of the wealth of information available, the communication, the seemingly limitless possibilities? It staggers the mind!

marie on 12/22/03 at 10:25 (140550)

Kathy,I don't post on other forums much either but sometimes I can find useful info....like the forum Richard posted. I'll definately check out the one you posted. Richard, I bookmarked the forum you posted....since we live in 'This Old House' we always have something to repair. Thanks.