Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Julie......

Posted by JudyS on 12/22/03 at 11:34 (140556)

Just a random thought I felt like sharing this morning......I think you're just about the best and the brightest amongst us and I wanted to take a minute to say thank you for being so, for lending your intelligent observations here and for coming back after a far-too-long hiatus.
Happy Christmas to you.

Re: Julie......

marie on 12/22/03 at 12:33 (140564)

Julie,
We're glad to have you back here. You are an asset to this board. I have always appreciated your posts.

This message shouldn't be considered a 'high five' between allies. Frankly the 'high fiving' between posters only fuels anamosity. It may be unintentional but the result is the same.

I also appreciate the rest of the folks who post here.....like Dorothy, Aly, nancy, Judy, Dr. Wander, Dr. Z and Dr. Ed. Many newcomers like Aly have been wonderful to have here....Also Suzanne, Sharon, Max, daver, SteveG, RC, Brian G, Ron,Wendy,Lari, Bev, stella, Scott, Richard,BG, Marty and so many others that the list could go on and on. Your friendship is highly valued! You're good people. Thanks for all the wonderful support and dedication you have given this forum.

Merry Christmas
marie

Suzanne D. on 12/22/03 at 12:37 (140566)

Hear, hear! =D> Julie, you have taught me so much, and it is a pleasure to read your well-written posts.

And may I add that there are SO many who I would like to thank! I don't want to hurt feelings by naming a list, but I would like to say something about Carole C. at this time, too. She was unjustly maligned recently, so I would like to try to offset that by saying that I find her to be caring, intelligent, witty, and alltogether charming, and I never fail to read her posts for I always enjoy them and am educated by them.

Just trying to make some amends where I see they may be needed...There are many others who I would like to thank as well.
Suzanne :)

Aly on 12/22/03 at 12:39 (140567)

Thanks Marie :)

Re: P.S.

Suzanne D. on 12/22/03 at 13:14 (140569)

Marie and I posted at about the same time above, so I had not read hers before I wrote mine. I do not want to be considered 'high-fiving' and causing more controversy. I expressed something I genuinely felt and wanted to say and felt it was the right time to say.

While I'm out on a limb here, I'll add that IMHO it is not true that 'Everyone is suspcious of everyone else and it's become downright uncomfortable'. As with any large group of people, misunderstandings arise, alliances form, some people are more comfortable in the company of some than others - and more so because the only means of communication we have is through writing.

But, I would do anything I could to help any one of you at any time. We are like a family. Families do not always 'get along' perfectly in every respect. But families stick together.

Maybe we can write more about the good things among us and the things we appreciate about one another than our differences or our problems in the coming year. That would be more healthful, I think!

nancy s. on 12/22/03 at 13:54 (140576)

i'm glad you wrote this, suzanne. i wouldn't call vocal expressions of appreciation for people who have been maligned 'high-fiving' at all, and i join you in your great appreciation of carole, who writes a wonderful combination of helpful and entertaining posts that i always enjoy and learn things from. besides, where else do we get a chance to converse with an oceanographer?? :)

most people at heelspurs have gotten along extremely well and appreciate old friends and new friends alike. may this continue for a long, long time to come, and may 2004 be a harmonious year for all.

nancy

Julie on 12/22/03 at 14:50 (140587)

Judy, it's really lovely of you to say that! Thank you, and thanks to all the friends who have said kind things to me and about me today on this and the other threads. Very much appreciated, as I'm sure you realise, truly comforting, and much needed today. Being publicly insulted and maligned isn't what you'd call an life-enhancing experience, even when you don't care what the maligner thinks.

I do care very much what you all think, and am thankful for your kind words and your support.

Thank you all,

Julie

Re: Oh my gosh.....

marie on 12/22/03 at 15:52 (140589)

I forgot John H who has been a gentleman to everyone here.

John H on 12/22/03 at 15:56 (140590)

And to the many cats who have stopped by and did not leave.

marie on 12/22/03 at 16:03 (140591)

Thanks Suzanne....I shouldn't have said 'everyone'....but I'm tired of the comments and inuendos made by some bright people. I'm not going to make any further comments on it. I don't feel we need to have alliances here.....I graduated from high school 29 years ago LOL.;) Sometimes we will agree and sometimes we won't it's just that simple. I'll say it once and I'll say it again.....it's not the politics that was the issue....the real issues are grudges, old wounds and constant criticism, which I am guilty of now. :(

My only hope is that a few people here will take a minute and really think about what I have written....goodness knows I've given them my time and consideration on more than one occasion. Life is about friendships used a a sanctity or a weapon.....think about it.

best wishes marie

marie on 12/22/03 at 16:05 (140592)

Meow....Purrrrfectly said.

nancy s. on 12/22/03 at 16:41 (140598)

i'm tired of them too, marie.

happy holidays
nancy

marie on 12/22/03 at 17:04 (140600)

Thanks nancy...I'm afraid the flu is making me a bit ornery.:-&

I care a great deal about all of you.....and I wish each one of you the best Christmas ever!:)>-

peace marie

Re: Holy smokes....

marie on 12/22/03 at 21:15 (140617)

I forgot Ellen, Necee, Tammie, Rachel, Dr. Perl, Pala, Quincy, Chad, Carmen, Carole, BobG, and if I forgot you please just add your name in the next thread. Man, there's alot of folks who post here. All of you have a Merry, Merry Christmas.

Re: Oh No....

marie on 12/22/03 at 21:24 (140620)

Kathy and Pam.....I enjoy yaking with ya'll as well.

Carole C in NOLA on 12/22/03 at 22:17 (140625)

Suzanne, thank you so much! Your encouraging words sure make me feel better about things on the board. :)

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 12/22/03 at 22:18 (140626)

Thank you, Nancy! (hugs)

Carole C

Re: "...OLD FRIENDS AND NEW FRIENDS..."

Phil C. on 12/23/03 at 02:25 (140645)

Nancy:
So are you keeping a specific list of those who are 'friends' and those who are 'enemies' so is the 'harmonious' 2004 one for all or only for the 'friends' on your list only?
Phil C.

nancy s. on 12/23/03 at 05:22 (140647)

nope, i keep no lists. my wish for a harmonious 2004 is for ALL -- maybe most especially for you.

nancy

Re: Oh No....

marie on 12/23/03 at 08:51 (140657)

OOPSY again....I don't always agree with Phil C but Merry Christmas to you.:)

And Peter R if you're reading this I wish you a Merry Christmas too. We didn't hit it off all the time either but I wish you only the best!:)

I guess I could keep going and going like the energiser bunny.....so many wonderful people here at the boards.

PS: I will do my best to keep things positve and find the best in all instead of the worst....I'm feeling a little better today.

marie...not such a meany head today!

Phil C. on 12/23/03 at 09:20 (140661)

Nancy:
I am glad to hear that. Perhaps the holiday spirit can be extended indefinitelly.
Phil

Richard, C.Ped on 12/23/03 at 10:48 (140663)

I don't know Suzanne...I have always been suspicious of that Richard C.Ped. Who is he really? Hmmmmm.
Bizarro C.Ped

Oops...don't mind Bizarro up there....he is my alter ego. Ahhh...it makes me think of a lovely poem I know:
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'm a schizophrenic,
and so am I.
haha
Richard

marie on 12/23/03 at 11:13 (140665)

Thanks for the poem Richard! :)):)):))

Hey ya know what? Once there was a comment made to Dr Ed here that was really obnoxious....the name was 'HAHA'. I suppose since you use that alot that autmatically makes you guilty/:).....sorry couldn't resist having some fun too.;) Hey really we have two days to go til Christmas I'm up for fun and celebration. I bet your little ones are getting excited!

W Paine on 12/23/03 at 15:00 (140685)

Beware of the wolf in sheeps clothing.

W Paine on 12/23/03 at 15:01 (140687)

Yes getting along well is great......after we get rid of the ones we dont like

Suzanne D. on 12/23/03 at 15:02 (140688)

You always make me smile! Hope your little girl enjoys this special Christmas with her new little brother!

Re: San Simeon Earthquake

Bob G. on 12/23/03 at 22:43 (140718)

Hello Folks,

I live on the Central Coast of California and just experienced a scary earthquake. Also, quite a few aftershocks have kept me awake, but most of us are okay. I was fortunate and did not experience much damage, just a few broken bottles and a few paintings down. Luckily that's all. The house was really rocking and rolling; I thought it was going to crumble and come down on me, but it didn't. Some of my friends have much greater damage, loss of property, but only two unfortunates lost their lives. Just feeling lucky and thankful this Christmas Season.

Re: San Simeon Earthquake

Carole C in NOLA on 12/24/03 at 06:11 (140726)

Bob, I'm so glad you are okay! I didn't realize that you lived in that area. Given the magnitude of the quake, it is truly amazing that the loss of life was not greater.

Carole C