Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

small miracles....

Posted by marie on 12/22/03 at 17:15 (140601)

I've been so sick the past few days that I hardly noticed just how well my feet feel. I mean totally normal. I shopped at Walmat for 2 and a half hours and felt the best I've felt in three years. I hope it will last through Christmas...but I just wanted to say that my little miracle was the result of the caring folks here and at f**tch*t. It just breaks my heart to come here and see everyone that I care about bickering so. YOU'RE THE REAL MIRACLE IN MY LIFE and of course my feet. If I could I'd give each one of you a big hug!!!!

most appreciative marie

Re: small miracles....

nancy s. on 12/22/03 at 17:33 (140606)

good heavens, who is 'bickering so'???
no need to answer. reread suzanne's post. people are doing well. relationships here are good. posters who need information and support are getting it. such a negative 'spin' is really not accurate.

i'm sure you need to recover more and get more sleep.
good luck and feel better.

best wishes,
nancy

marie on 12/22/03 at 19:45 (140611)

Thanks nancy but I would appreciate it you reread my post. I am sharing my feelings, not Suzannes. My observations. No need to respond to this message.

marie :)>-

Carole C in NOLA on 12/22/03 at 22:55 (140632)

Marie, get some sleep and I hope you recover from your flu shortly! It's awful to feel sick, I know. G'night :)

Carole C

wendyn on 12/22/03 at 22:55 (140633)

Be very careful marie - I've been deceived into believing my feet improved during illness - only to really overdo it.

Two possibilities that may have contributed:

1. Rest - if you've been sitting around with your feet up, they will feel better.

2. Drugs - if you've been taking tylenol or ibuprofen..you may not feel the pain in your feet like you usually do. I have been known to really overdo it after taking tylenol and then forgetting about it. Actually - it just happened Friday. I took a Motrin in the morning for a headache, and then I went to the gym at lunch. I really hurt my foot on the elliptical trainer, and I'm positive that it was because I didn't get the warning pains that usually tell me to ease up.

Then again - maybe your feet are just better...which would be the best Christmas present. Either way - please be careful.

marie on 12/23/03 at 08:29 (140652)

Wendy,

There is probably some truth to what you just wrote. I will be careful. Thanks.