Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Dr.Z

Posted by Molly H on 12/22/03 at 22:20 (140627)

Hi Dr. Z,
When my POD bends my toes back my medial bands stick out on both feet like a bow string. He feels this is very tight (too tight) and that is why he wants to release it, which of course I do not want to do! My massage therapist sees lots of athletes and he tells me my medial band is very tight but, he has seen a few other people that have a similar tightness in their medial bands and they do not have PF at all. So, I am wondering what role does tightness play?
My other question is now at almost 7 weeks post (on Wednesday) my 2nd ESWT what kind of results do you see on average? My pod also said I am too young at age 38 to have PF for this long! What is your opinion on this?

Thanks Dr. Z-

Re: To Dr.Z

Dr. Z on 12/23/03 at 08:34 (140653)

My opinion is that most will see some level of improvement at 7 weeks.
With regard to the tight medial pf band. I am not concern about this aspect of your examination. Pulling back your toes will always make the medial band tight. Do the pf stretches, give your foot more time. Let see where you are at week 16. I see alot of patients that just get better at that cut off time. I know it is tough to wait but that is my only advice aat this point in time.

Re: To Dr.Z

Molly H on 12/23/03 at 23:56 (140722)

Thanks for your advice Dr. Z! I will follow it and keep you posted! :)

Happy Holidays!