Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Symptoms come and go

Posted by Jenean T on 12/30/03 at 16:33 (140964)

I was diagnosed with a heel spur about two months ago. It was very painful in the beginning and I was prescribed Bextra. I had noticed that the pain was letting up and stopped the Bextra. I do not feel pain anymore. Is it possible that the bone spur went away? I thought that it was impossible to go away without surgery.

Re: Symptoms come and go

Sher A on 12/30/03 at 20:23 (140981)

Hi Jenean.. did the Bextra help? It didn't do a thing for me. I was plagued with PF for years and now it's just suddenly begun to go away. The bone spur is probably still there, but the soft tissue may not be so inflamed anymore. This ailment can do just what you said, hurt with a vengeance, then just go away. At any rate, I hope it stays gone for you. That's happened to me too, so now I'm glad I didn't jump into surgery. Now that I see how this behaves, I'll be less likely to consider it if this comes back again. Yes, it can go away without surgery. In fact surgery should only be considered in the most extreme circumstances. This group of folks helped me to make my decision to hold off, and now I'm glad I listened and took it to heart.