Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

First Things First

Posted by Dorothy on 1/01/04 at 16:49 (141082)

Ok, I like you folks a lot but first things first. I have to put on my Michigan sweatshirt and go help out as they have their hands full at the Rose Bowl. M Go Blue!!

Re: First Things First

Carole C in NOLA on 1/01/04 at 17:29 (141083)

Have fun, Dorothy! And may the best team win.

I figured that was safe even if we have some USC fans here. I didn't say which team was best! LOL I don't personally have a favorite.

Now, the Sugar Bowl is on Sunday, and it will be LSU versus Oklahoma. I'm backing LSU (Louisiana State University) in that one, having been on the faculty there for several years.

Since the Sugar Bowl will be here at the Superdome, the French Quarter is an utter zoo with tens of thousands of fans from both sides congregating and practicing their public drunkenness skills. Otherwise I would go browse through some antique stores down there today.

Carole C

Ron B on 1/01/04 at 20:12 (141092)

Well the Best Team DID win the Rose Bowl. sorry Dorothy you better turn your sweatshirt inside-out. Living in Wash. I have to go with the west coast team. I'm not a big USC fan. but don't care for Michigan. It go's back to the coach 'BO' days I guess
Ron B

Dorothy on 1/01/04 at 20:27 (141094)

Ohmygosh. I think we won't be able to see other any more, Ron B.

As to the rest of your commentary: yes, this year, I would have to say that Michigan was just plain lucky to be there and I am surprised they were... and now it appears that they were surprised about it, too and remained surprised for four LONG quarters. One of the commentators said something at the half that I have been saying all year long - Michigan looked as if they were doing whatever they could to avoid being tackled.

Now, to be honest, I am not really a football fan, don't really like football - EXCEPT for Michigan in Ann Arbor in golden October - but since the point of football is block and tackle ( and score!), then avoidance of any one of those seems just plain wrong - for football.

So, yeah, the sweatshirts are coming off and civilian clothes are going on and we're past time for our good luck Hoppin' John and will hope that this football game doesn't hold dark portent for the new year.

By the way, Ron, my husband and I were just doing our Rose Bowl debriefing and although we are Big 10 folks, agree that the Big 10 doesn't fare well against the PAC 10. It shouldn't be so but it is...

Re: Dorothy

Ron B on 1/01/04 at 21:46 (141098)

I'm not a big Football fan. I don't watch pro-football at all. The only football I watched today was five min. of the rose bowl. I just turned it on to see what the score was. Now I am a big Washington Husky fan. My son loves the Washington State Cougars and I can't stand them. they play each other the last game of the season for the 'apple cup' the Huskies have won the last six yrs. even though the last three yrs the cougars have been by far the best team.To me the Big Ten runs the ball too much, the Pac-10 passes alot and I fine that more exciting. Well so much for football. I'll sleep through Basketball season and wait for Baseball season. GO Seattle Mariners !!! Looks like we might be sending our shortstop to your poor Tigers!!

JudyS on 1/02/04 at 13:01 (141164)

Dorothy - I also had my Michigan shirt on yesterday to give them an extra boost from SoCal (had to balance that whole USC thing!) but, alas, to no avail! Maybe next year....