Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Foot sore

Posted by Gail D. on 1/05/04 at 10:38 (141401)

A couple of months ago, I had a burning sensation on the underside of the outside of my foot. It then moved to the top of the foot in that area and is painful to the touch. I can wear a shoe, but it sometimes sends a very sharp pain in that area, even if I am just resting. I can't see any redness or anything, and it's confined to a small area. Could it be a type of absess? I do have Diabetes, but have it under control - and I have no corns or other problems at all. Thanks in advance, Gail

Re: Foot sore

Dr. David S. Wander on 1/05/04 at 14:58 (141421)

Gail,

It could be several things, none of which I can diagnose over the internet without seeing your foot. Since you are a diabetic, you should be asking this question to your family doctor or podiatrist,not on an internet site. I would recommend an appointment with a doctor ASAP. Once you receive a professional diagnosis, I'll be happy to offer an opinion regarding treatment options.