Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Suzanne's cabin

Posted by Necee on 1/06/04 at 23:49 (141536)

Renting a cozy little rustic cabin in the hills of TN sounds like heaven to me!! When we travel that's the type of accomodations we seek out. I enjoy just sitting in a rocker on the porch and taking in all the beautiful scenery around me.

My husband and I took a trip to the Smoky Mtns back in the early 80's. We stayed at a old country Inn inside the park, can't remember the name, it had a porch all the way across the front that overlooked a creek, and of course there were plenty of rockers. Our room was upstairs, and at night you could hear the gentle waters flowing below, it was so relaxing.

Suzanne, I'm so glad that you enjoyed your trip and that you made it back home safely. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Necee

Re: Suzanne's cabin

Dorothy on 1/07/04 at 00:51 (141540)

There used to be a place called Balsam Mountain Inn that sounds like that. We were there in the 80s and it was the neatest place. Built in the 1800s sometime, big wide halls to accomodate people's trunks. No phones or TVs. Board games in the front parlor. Big old bathtubs. A huge front porch with rockers. Beautiful grounds. VERY, VERY inexpensive and 'famous' for their 5-cent cup of coffee. Fabulous breakfast in the old-fashioned dining room. We all have very special memories of our stay there.

Necee on 1/07/04 at 10:31 (141566)

Yep, your description sure sounds like the same place, but the name was different. There was a huge dining room, red and white checkered table cloths were on every table, and the food was great. I remember the wide halls, the place wasn't fancy at all, but it was very comfortable. Like you said, no phones, no TV, which was just fine with us, we were there for the scenery anyway.

Happy trails....

Necee

Suzanne D. on 1/07/04 at 16:26 (141583)

Thank you, Necee! Yes, sitting out on the porch in the rocker was my favorite thing about staying in the cabin.

Suzanne :)