Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

back pain still there

Posted by Barry W on 1/07/04 at 09:16 (141557)

After some months of plantar symptoms ( morning foot pain, soles of feet etc) I bought a pair of heel supports over the counter and began wearing them.
The foot pain disappeared almost instantaneously as did a back and shoulder pain.
But now a fortnight later I find that the back and shoulder pain has returned fully. The foot pain is also back although far less severely.
I wondered if anyone had any ideas about how to proceed. I have not seen a doctor about this.
Barry W
London

Re: back pain still there

Joe B. on 1/07/04 at 12:40 (141572)

Barry:

I am not a doctor, just a fellow sufferer. If the heel supports you bought were very inexpensive, they may have simply worn out over the few weeks you used them. You might want to buy another pair of the same type and see if you immediately get relief again. Then, at least you know they work when they are in 'new' condition.

If so, then you might want to get custom ones made by a podiatrist out of a material that is longer lasting. Good luck and keep us posted.