Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Kumfs: ? for doctors

Posted by Kelly on 1/08/04 at 03:33 (141610)

Hi,

I bought a pair of Kumfs and they really provide alot of heel, arch, etc. support. My orthotics fit perfectly in them. My question is this: if my feet are in good supportive shoes and I have my comfortable orthotics in them, why do my feet still hurt when I have my shoes on? I have pf and my left arch feels irritable and painful when I have my shoes and orthotics on.

Thank you very much!!

Re: Kumfs: ? for doctors

BrianJ on 1/08/04 at 09:06 (141615)

Kelly --

Good shoes and orthotics minimize the stress placed on your fascia, but do not eliminate it. Also, if you have inflammation, any pressure against the bottom of your foot can hurt.

Kelly on 1/09/04 at 04:44 (141669)

Brian,

Thank you for your response! I will definetely continue to use the shoes and orthotics. I think I need to do my stretching exercises more routinely. Also, your explanation of why my feet still hurt with everything on really makes sense!

Thanks again,
Kelly

BrianJ on 1/09/04 at 09:09 (141674)

Kelly --

Please be very careful with your stretching. There are two rules:

1. The duration of the stretch is more important that the tension of the stretch; and

2. If you find you are hurting more, decrease, modify or eliminate your stretching routine.

Most PF sufferers here have found that mild non-weightbearing stretches provide some benefit without aggravating the problem.

Richard, C.Ped on 1/09/04 at 15:41 (141721)

Do the shoes have a 'bump' on the inside for arch support? If so, the orthotics may not be fitting correctly to the shoes. Shoes are different, so even if there is no 'arch' inside the shoe, the orthosis may have to be interfaced properly with the shoe.

Kelly on 1/12/04 at 03:21 (141850)

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your response. There seems to be a bump by the arch. Do I need to take the shoes in to the podiatrist?

Thank you