Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

MVA 5/03 loss of sensation in R foot since dr says TTS???

Posted by TracyN on 1/09/04 at 01:01 (141668)

I was involved in a motor vehicle accident in 5/03. Right foot on brake when hit by a drunk driver. Immediately after accident had terrible tingling and needle feelings in right foot. Over next few days proceeded to loss of sensation in bottom of foot and almost all of top. Other than the intial tingling/needle feeling I haven't had 'pain' actually lack of any pain. After reading all these listings it seems everyone with Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome has pain, is this correct or did I miss some listings? Has anyone had loss of sensation from the nerve entrapment? Below is what testing has been done and what the results where, can anyone relate or shed some light if this is similar?

Had neurosensory testing performed results 'abnormal threshold values for the distribution of the posterior tibial nerve, the lateral plantar and calcaneal nerves as well as the deep peroneal nerve. Also superficial peroneal nerve on the lateral calf of right lower extremity.' Not quite sure what all this means but I am scheduled for surgery on 1/29/03 involving the inside of right ankle, top part of ankle and the outside of right knee area.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Re: MVA 5/03 loss of sensation in R foot since dr says TTS???

marie on 1/09/04 at 19:18 (141735)

Sorry to hear about your accident. Just to clarify and maybe others should too. My tts was not caused by an injury. So there may be a difference. I had excruciating pain. It felt as if I was walking on glass. I also had the numbness you have described.

I hope your surgery goes well.

best wishes marie

wendyn on 1/13/04 at 22:34 (141988)

Tracy, usually if there is an identifiable 'cause' for TTS (like trauma in your case) the results from surgery seem to be better.

I don't know if TTS is always accompanied by pain, but I think it usually is. Loss of sensation/pins/needles can happen too.

Tracy N on 1/15/04 at 18:38 (142141)

Thank you! I hope everything goes well. Thanks again for the information.

Tracy N on 1/15/04 at 18:39 (142142)

As I discovered after reading these postings, I'm the lucky one with the 'no feeling' instead of the constant daily pain that all of you are feeling. Thank you for your help and good luck.