Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Toe

Posted by Kim K on 1/09/04 at 15:31 (141716)

Within the last week I have formed a black callous on the tip of my second toe. I have been jogging and thought perhaps it is a blood blister. I am concerned because it is black. It does not hurt and is only at the very tip of my toe. Any ideas?

Re: Toe

Richard, C.Ped on 1/09/04 at 15:37 (141720)

You may want to check to see if the shoes you are wearing are the correct size.

Re: Toe

Pauline on 1/09/04 at 22:39 (141756)

Perhaps your shoes are tooo short. Buying shoes today unfortunately is trial and error sometimes. Most are not made in the U.S. and you have to size up. My guess and I'm not a doctor is that your foot is sliding into the toe and rubbing or it just too short. If you continue in that shoe you'll probably just make it worse.

Sometimes you can just size up, but sometimes it's necessary to change brands. You also want to make sure the toe box is deep enough. We have shoe manufactors who have decided our toes should be flatter I guess because many shoes now have very flat toe boxes which also cause people problems.

I often wonder why shoes feel so great in the house, but the minute you decide to wear them outside these things happen.