Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

OK..What ever happened to Melonie?

Posted by marie on 1/09/04 at 19:40 (141745)

'I have a brand new pair of rollerskates, you got a brand new key'. Does this jog anyone's memory. What ever happened to Melonie?

marie

Re: OK..What ever happened to Melonie?

Steve G on 1/09/04 at 20:42 (141749)

Yes - I recall the line and the song. I think her name was Melanie Safka -we are showing our age here, Marie

marie on 1/09/04 at 20:53 (141751)

http://www.melaniemusic.net/

Yikes! I guess she died last year.

marie

marie on 1/09/04 at 20:55 (141752)

Oops! Looks like it was her MOM that died.
marie

wendyn on 1/10/04 at 09:58 (141768)

marie, this reminds me of something I saw on Sesame Street. I think? But I don't think that's what you're referring to.

Suzanne D. on 1/10/04 at 10:19 (141773)

Hi, Wendy! You were probably watching Sesame Street (or not born yet!) while some of us were listening to 'I've got a brand new pair of roller skates, you've got a brand new key...' which I can sing right along with although I hadn't thought of it in years! :D Isn't it amazing how music stays with us?!

I've been thinking of your husband. When this month is his appointment?

Suzanne :)

wendyn on 1/10/04 at 10:43 (141777)

Hi Suzanne, his appointment is not till the 28th of Jan. He is doing pretty well - probably far better than I would be in the same circumstances. (I am the worrier in the family).

So - for now, we just plug along and keep our minds on other things.

I still think I remember something from Sesame Street about a roller skate and a key.

Dorothy on 1/10/04 at 14:19 (141785)

Maybe Sesame Street borrowed it, but Marie is right, it was a song on the radio/recording in the sixties; she remembers it was Melanie and I take her word because I always remember the song but not always the performer.

marie on 1/11/04 at 15:44 (141831)

Wendy,

Your husband and family are in my prayers. I'll be thinking of you and your family on the 28th.

marie