Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What could it be?

Posted by Lori S on 1/10/04 at 20:10 (141806)

I have had a foot problem for 10 + years. The ball of the foot is swollen, numb and tingles. My Big toe is almost double the size of the other big toe and has some type of not on botton. The second toe has a not on the back also. Over the years I've had injection which do not last long. My last foot doctor said I must have a conective tissue disease like Rhuematoid arthitis and nothing showed up on xrays. The 2nd Rhuematologist I saw says I dont have Rhuematiod arthitis and no nueroma and nothing showes up on the xrays so I was sent for an MRI. I dont understand why no one knows what is wrong. I've got so sick of the pain from 10 + years that I have decided to work hard on trying to find the problem. I can only where 2 pairs of my shoes and sometimes it feels like something is rubbing inside of my toes. My left foot is also very sensitive to walking without any kind of shoes or walking on anything but carpet.

Do You have an idea?

Re: What could it be?

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/11/04 at 11:13 (141816)

What did the mri evaluation show? Do you have any exposure to cold ie frostbite.? How is your lower back. Any history of sciatica, nerve disc disseae?

Re: What could it be?

Lori S on 1/14/04 at 18:30 (142033)

None of the above. I did some researching an found that a metatarsal stress fracture of the 2nd toe(next to the big one)looks and sounds like what I have. The only problem I see is that I have had this problem for 10+ years. I dont believe I could have lived through a metatarsal stress fracture that long without more major pain and not showing up on x-rays.
I see the Rheumatologist on the 20th with the results of my MRI so I dont have those available now. My doctor said something about seeing an orthopedic doctor.