Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr Z ( calcium-citrate)

Posted by Ron B on 1/13/04 at 15:17 (141962)

Dr Z.
I noticed on the treatment board, you asked Al if he had a reason why he thought calcium-citrated helped get ride of his pain. I was going to give it a shot since we have a big bottle of the stuff (my wife takes it) I'm wodering why you asked the question ?? what are your thoughts on calcium-citrate?
It has been five weeks today since my ESWT treatment. I haven't really noticed any imporvement yet. If anything I have had a slight set back in my left heel. I went to the pool two days ago and used a kick board and fins for 20 min. I was pain free for about 12 hours !!!!! even when I took my lunch break and got back up to go back to work, NO PAIN !!!! I tried to swim yesterday, but when I kicked with my fins on my heel hurt so I just sat in the hot tub. I'm going to try again tonight.
When I drive home from work , I get a burning pain on the outside of my foot. Didn't have this pain before ESWT. Any Idea's ???
Thanks again for all the help you give ALL of us here on the site
Ron B

Re: Dr Z ( calcium-citrate)

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/13/04 at 18:14 (141975)

My question was sincere. I want some thoughts on this. I really have no idea as to the why

Re: Dr Z ( calcium-citrate)

Pauline on 1/14/04 at 16:46 (142025)

Ron,
Through my three years posting on this site, I've watched people post a variety of things that they think has helped them. If you want to try Calcium Citrate you should try it.

I've taken it for over 5 years and have never seen any improvement on my P.F. from taking it. It has helped my bones. My P.F. finally went into remission after 3 year. I don't know if I can say I'm cured because this was my third case of P.F.

You may want to watch your kidneys if you go on high dose of anything for a long period of time. There is always a chance that anything in extreme excess could injure them.

Just let your doctor know what your doing on your next visit. That way he knows the amount your planning on taking and can make recommendations based on your other medications.

Too much of a good thing can sometimes be bad too.